v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta release v0.8.5 - Ratdom

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Shatzuki
android_version: 7.0

Re: New beta release v0.8.5 - Ratdom

Post by Shatzuki »

need another ending with clevred survive by fight and flee tactic ... after killing my neighbours , i cant.

smuggle cheese to far man.

and torch can be put on the wall or something like that.

blueshield direct path only entrance or wise wizard.

thats all i think. ty for the feast
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Osho wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:26 am I noticed this particularly bug every time I replayed the quest.
Shall continue to post for any other similar bug
Reporting about this missing icon bug. It has now occured more times. In other conversations with clevred in addition to prev instances I reported. It seems to happen randomly!

Also experienced slowing down for the first time. As reported by others. In my case, it happened inside the troll cave. A brief, unexpected lag when trolls came in numbers to attack the hero. I had to reload to fix the engine slowing down.

Another minor observation. This loot box appears quite different than the rest. Don't see the need to have double times pop up the same message. "You grab the content..." is perfect to include the details. The other one in the back not required IMO.
Screenshot_20230319-204621.png
Angrox wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm In my case, I only found at Ward at the very end after visiting every other place - so the shields never helped me. Thus I vote for keeping the map -- they help for orientation to make at least some sense of where you are (which cave level).
Want to share my perspective on this reason for inclusion of map. They aren't exactly helpful in navigating the cave either IMO. It may appear two boxes of areas on the map must be close to each other but are off the mark in reality. It also changes as you move up and down the floor. Not giving an accurate picture of the path.
Here's some hints to make it easy. Once you get the feeling of the layout you would not even need the shields. I can now move inside the cave easily without shields.
- There are only TWO pathways important to understand. Its a circle route following a long straight path in a circle like layout, which covers maximum points of interest. The rest are just diversions.
- The huge gate + doorway which opens the other side are important shortcuts which crosses the TWO pathways.
- Rats alone make it easy to move inside the cave. It works both ways. Be it returning back to crossglen, or tracking them in reverse to move inside the cave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angrox
android_version: 8.0

Post by Angrox »

Nut wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:39 am Yes, we are going to set it to off by default
Ras the 1st
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Ras the 1st »

the quest was very good, no bugs or glitchs found by me, one thing that could become recurring are the necklaces that show the correct direction, something like whenever you have a dungeon in a cave with rats, the necklaces help to show the way and reveal secrets.
Andihagi
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Andihagi »

Hi

The new content is great, cool idea and a nice storyline. Im glad Clevred didn't like the relatives i killed :)

I represent the stupid part of the player base and therefore want to say...

a Full visible map would be very much appreciated by me. Like so a lot of time is spent walking around waiting for the right places to be found.
Once you get the amulets things get a little easier but still it confuses me a lot. If it is meant to be a long strawl in the dark then its ok but for me personally this wasnt the enyojeable part of the content. I would not recommend removing the map totally as id be lost in there. I read there is some kind of a pattern but i don't fully understand the pattern so far.

I expirienced no bugs, glitches whatsoever that i noticed. No slowing down or lags for me.

The monsters in the cave itself are weak on purpose i think. They are more like obstacles than enemies for any mid to high level player. If that is intendet to be so, then it works great. I personally would prefer some tougher monsters along the way.
Lets imagine you'd get rid of the map and walk around quiet some time, then some decent fights would be making it more interesting.

Have a nice day
Nut

Post by Nut »

Osho wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:00 am In this dialogue box the icon or mouse image of clevred is missing, including the name.
Thx for the screenshot - with its help I have found the bug at last and can fix it now :)
Nut
Jerryfs
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Jerryfs »

How do I update my 8.4.1 version to the 8.5 version
Nut

Post by Nut »

At the moment 8.5 is only available as beta. So it's not in Google Play yet.
We still need to complete some things and then build the release version.
Nut
Jerryfs
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Jerryfs »

Thank you any idea when the Google Play version will be out
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nope. We still have a few things to complete
"A home without a beagle is just a house"