v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Will there ever be stackable negative effects towards opponents?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Will there ever be stackable negative effects towards opponents?

Post by Osho »

That's precisely my point, too.

Let players have full control on the buttons of difficulty. If an area is causing problems I will think about some strategy. My opposition is to let developers take away the remote control from me! As you said, developers should mainly focus on adding items and freedoms on how remote control works!
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by The Gray »

Osho wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:50 am That's precisely my point, too.

Let players have full control on the buttons of difficulty. If an area is causing problems I will think about some strategy. My opposition is to let developers take away the remote control from me! As you said, developers should mainly focus on adding items and freedoms on how remote control works!
How are the developers taking AWAY our freedoms in-game??
:D
Osho

Post by Osho »

Limiting the number of conditions players have access to using items, incl rounds it lasts. 1 or 2 rounds and very few above 2. Stackable are missing. While monsters can stack effects on us! Also, another interesting feature is limited to players access - on source (or hit) +ive effects on players that could restore health. It should be extended to more benefits, like granting temporary boost to variety of stats on each hit. Some monsters benefit from this feature! Monsters can even hurt players with conditions for simply hitting them. See: Prim monsters for example
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho,

You have all of these ideas. Why don't you put some of them into action? formulate an organized thought and propose whatever it is to us for consideration.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Wish I could. It is a shame I lack the skill to design or code the game. :(
All I am saying is both players and monsters must share the conditions equally in both +ive and -ive list
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 am Wish I could. It is a shame I lack the skill to design or code the game. :(
All I am saying is both players and monsters must share the conditions equally in both +ive and -ive list
We're not looking for you to write code here. What I'm talking about is a well formulated thought with detail. If you want to add an item or condition on an item and such, write it down, put it in detail.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"