v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

If you let fanamor die

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

If you let fanamor die

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

and if I complete the quest. I am still able to go back later and get the bandage. Is that a bug or a continuous part of the older quest
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: If you let fanamor die

Post by Nut »

You let poor Fanamor die :o
There is absolutely no excuse! And you did not even try to help her but deliberately got the bandage after her death!! I refuse to give you an answer to your infame question.
No, I won't. Not even in the spoiler tag ;)
Nut
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Lol its all good I'm doing multi characters of all possible outcomes and styles normally I don't let her die. But I made a evil character so if I'm able to kill one or both well that's the price 😂
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Being able to get the bandage after she dies is kind of a bug if you ask me. Only simply because the player character asks the priest for it in response to the need to heal somebody. But if the player character knows that person's already deceased then it doesn't really make sense for him or her to ask the priest for the bandage. Hence the reason why I think it's a bug.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

There are many of these things, especially in the old quests. You can see them as bugs more or less.

I try to avoid such things when I create a quest. But changing an existing quest is often more work than thought. So I will only fix such things, when they have bad consequences.
This dialogue with the priest just isn't worth it
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Fair enough.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Ok fair enough. I'm just going random different ways and seeing stuff. But fair enough
FDWojo
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by FDWojo »

Actually, if you let Fanamor die, and you go to the priest and STILL ask for a bandage, well, that should be up to you, even though you'd have lowered yourself in the eyes of Umar. (And it might have consequences for your standing in the Thieves Guild)

If I was the developer, I'd make it so that you COULD let her die, and still go to the priest for the bandage and the bandage would give you a one-time use of healing, oh... 100 points? That way, it causes the player to think about what they're doing. Are they evil? Are they good? Or do they simply not give a rat's a$$ about anything and want to take it all for themselves and to heck with the consequences?

That would be good character development. Although... I don't know how that would change your SHADOW rating that the game apparently keeps track of behind the scenes.

FDWojo
Kayby is…
using v0.8.6.1
Lvl:57 XP:3360351 AP:12 HP:140 AC:279 AD:32-66 CHS:13 CM:3.0 BC:198 DR:3 ECC:11%
Items: RoLS PRoP Yat RoW AssBla DoSP JoF HoFS
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

you can you use it. This is my 9th character. So I'm trying to do every angle and other possibilities