v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Various new skills proposal

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Various new skills proposal

Post by Soullessktty »

I propose a new fighting style where the hero only wield one one-handed weapon with one free hand.

Fighting Style: one-handed weapon (fencing?)
The idea is someone uses one one-handed weapon on the active hand, while the offhand is free. Having only wielding one weapon, the hero is more agile and focus on how to strike the opponent more effectively. Also this only apply when offhand is empty and for light armor or cloth/no armor.

For level 1 and 2:
15% increase of weapon's Attack Chance, increase critical multiplier by 0.10 and critical skill by 5 (independent of weapon thus give criticaln for weapon that dont give critical, increase block chance by 5 (I want to say dodging but seems dodge is part of block in AT)

Specialization:
20% increase of weapon's Attack Chance, increase critical multiplier by 0.30, increase block chance by 10.

Also some ideas for more specialized skills based on fighting style chosen by the hero.

Sweeping
Req: L2 FS Two-handed weapon
20% chance hitting all opponents adjecent to the player with half damage potential for the first opponent, a quarter for the second, one eighth for the third, and so on. Each attack is subject to BC check of the opponent against hero's AC.

Cross-block
Req: L2 FS Dual wield
5% chance to fully block an otherwise successful hit by the opponent.

Shield bashing
Req: L2 FS Weapon and shield
15% chance of shield bash attack on a successfully blocked oppoenent's attack with damage based on shield's block chance (not sure what a good number here).

Evade Attack (or... Dodge?)
Req: L2 FS Way of the monk or L2 FS Fencing
Besides hero's BC check against incoming attack during combat, also do an evasion check based on Evasion skill percentage multiply by 0.4. For example if you have level 2 Evasion, which gives you 10% evasion from surprise attack, this means you get 4% chance to evade attack during combat.

Of course, all numbers are subject to discussion for game balance.
Last edited by Soullessktty on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Various new skills proposal

Post by RaptorNXT »

Cross block sounds awesome!
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Post by Lord Ilham »

In my opinion it is very difficult to realize, such as the conditions for mastering the ability(skill) to get the ability(skill), the level requirements for getting the ability(skill), and so on.

Like concussion
need:
-level 2 combat speed
-level 3 weapon accuracy
-level 5 hard hit

If I have made a mistake, please correct it.

And in my opinion about the uploads uploaded by "soullessktty" the skills / abilities that are made are too strong so that the composition and balance in the game is not balanced according to the mobs (monsters) around it.
Last edited by Antison on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please avoid posting back-to-back
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

Lord Ilham wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:45 am In my opinion it is very difficult to realize, such as the conditions for mastering the ability(skill) to get the ability(skill), the level requirements for getting the ability(skill), and so on.

Like concussion
need:
-level 2 combat speed
-level 3 weapon accuracy
-level 5 hard hit

If I have made a mistake, please correct it.
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean it has a lot of reqs like concussion? It only requires the Fighting style skills level 2 in my proposal.
Lord Ilham wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:50 am And in my opinion about the uploads uploaded by "soullessktty" the skills / abilities that are made are too strong so that the composition and balance in the game is not balanced according to the mobs (monsters) around it.
If it's too strong we can adjust them for later levels. Instead of require L2 FS Skills, make the res for Specialization skill. This way the earliest you can get is level 45. I am thinking adding more reqs such as L2 Hard Hit for sweeping, L2 Dodge for cross block, L2 Shield for shield bashing, L2 Evasion for Evade attack. Or something similar. I am open to suggestion, and of course also pending the dev team's approval.