v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Frustrated and stuck

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Re: Frustrated and stuck

Post by nezkeys79 »

believe what you want. I have no reason to post lies. Sure I may die a lot but that doesnt mean I am absolutely stuck forever. It just takes a bit of luck and lots of reloading. The save/load trick mid battle helps even more. In fact I use the bed as a cheat in a way...I wait till I have levelled up and then purposefully die to get back there, but I only do that when I have just levelled up because the exp loss is ok at that stage.

I have never become stuck and can make it up and down the mountain repeatedly. I'm level 14 and have just killed guthbered. I have no bonemeal potions
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

Not everyone wants to reload again and again
And without this 'save and load' it really is impossible to make it without any healing equipment, I made it in my mid twentys with 200 bonemeal potions as far as I remember and got also almost stuck during going up and down BWM
just because I didn't want to play like this, if I get hit I want to face the problem.
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

Not everyone wants to spend money for 200 bonemeal potions and use them all up. I prefer to save and load. Obviously I do it within reason.

E.g I miss every attack and get criticalled, or hit everytime then I would reload. I save if I get a crit, or hit every time
Robor007
android_version: 4.0

Post by Robor007 »

nezkeys79 wrote:I do not understand how people get stuck. I have played 2 separate files and never got stuck, and I have never stocked up with loads of potions. I just made it down the mountain from the cabin at level 14 with no healing items at all
Shens

And even if it were true, What do you want? A cookie? :roll:
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed curse word
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

hey... if he gets one, i get one! :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

It is true!

I have 23 quests completed and am level 14. Hell someone on here apparently has traversed the mountain a few times as well at level 5. I have no reason to lie. I just avoid all monsters and only engage with the set ones blocking the paths.

*Reload if they get the first hit in
*Reload if they get a few hits in
*Reload if they get a critical in
*Save if they miss
*Save if I critical, or attack every time
*Save if a regular potion of health is dropped

Usually I have about 5-10 regular potions/meat that are aqcuired on the way down (or not if I am unlucky). Most of the time I don't need to use them and then sell them in prim
Robor007
android_version: 4.0

Post by Robor007 »

Ok, I guess it is possible but that's way too much "work" for a game. :D