v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Am I missing something obvious?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
gaxx
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Am I missing something obvious?

Post by gaxx »

Hello I am fairly new to this game I have got my charater up to lvl 16 and have done all the quests that I can find that can be completed I upgraded from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 and have the quickslots etc but I cant find the path to blackwater or how to start any of the new quests is there something i`m missing? I have not done the gargoyle cave yet is there something I have to do there? thought it was just grinding for the ring so was concentrating on building up my cash.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Am I missing something obvious?

Post by Sarumar »

go west - there are new path near of Flagstone
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Also, if I remember correctly there is a boss to beat in the gargoyle cave.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

gaxx wrote:Hello I am fairly new to this game I have got my charater up to lvl 16 and have done all the quests that I can find that can be completed I upgraded from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 and have the quickslots etc but I cant find the path to blackwater or how to start any of the new quests is there something i`m missing? I have not done the gargoyle cave yet is there something I have to do there? thought it was just grinding for the ring so was concentrating on building up my cash.
Have you done the snake cave all the way to the end and defeated the boss? If not, do that and DO NOT SELL THE DROPPED ITEM!

Have you been to Flagstone prison? To get there, go to the snake cave, then continue south on the path until you can go west. Travel west for a while, then you will see a guard just off the path to the south. That is the entrance to Flagstone. Flagstone is a great place to grind for gold and drops that you can sell to make sure you have all the best equipment prior to attempting Black Water Mountain.

If you've done all this, and you think you're ready to take on BWM, then just continue on that path to the west. You'll come to a fork in the path. Take the one towards the north and you will come to the entrance to the BWM area. Let us know if you need more details from that point forward. FYI, most players under level 20 will stuggle with BWM. Go for it if you want, and if all your equipment is fully upgraded. But if not, I would stongly suggest grinding in Flagstone, or the Gargoyle caves for a few more levels.

Good luck!
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rory Mac wrote:
gaxx wrote:Hello I am fairly new to this game I have got my charater up to lvl 16 and have done all the quests that I can find that can be completed I upgraded from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 and have the quickslots etc but I cant find the path to blackwater or how to start any of the new quests is there something i`m missing? I have not done the gargoyle cave yet is there something I have to do there? thought it was just grinding for the ring so was concentrating on building up my cash.
Have you done the snake cave all the way to the end and defeated the boss? If not, do that and DO NOT SELL THE DROPPED ITEM!

Have you been to Flagstone prison? To get there, go to the snake cave, then continue south on the path until you can go west. Travel west for a while, then you will see a guard just off the path to the south. That is the entrance to Flagstone. Flagstone is a great place to grind for gold and drops that you can sell to make sure you have all the best equipment prior to attempting Black Water Mountain.

If you've done all this, and you think you're ready to take on BWM, then just continue on that path to the west. You'll come to a fork in the path. Take the one towards the north and you will come to the entrance to the BWM area. Let us know if you need more details from that point forward. FYI, most players under level 20 will stuggle with BWM. Go for it if you want, and if all your equipment is fully upgraded. But if not, I would stongly suggest grinding in Flagstone, or the Gargoyle caves for a few more levels.

Good luck!
I recomend also getting a good chunk of bonemeal potions before heading up the mountain. Its better to bring way more than you need than to run out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gaxx
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by gaxx »

Hello
Thanks for all your replies I have found the trail up and had a trip up to the cabin but was struggling to hit the adult wyrms so have come back down to grind out a few more levels and build up my AC I have done snake cave and have not sold any of the 1 off items. For some reason I thought that the path to BW was to the east never checked to the west. :oops: