v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Item usefulness / useless

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
kabbie1882

Item usefulness / useless

Post by kabbie1882 »

I just wanted to clear up a couple things to try and stop some of the bickering going on. This is not directed to any one person but to EVERYBODY on this forum.

1. The item you are using is NOT better than the item someone else chooses to use.

2. The stat that you have raised the most is NOT better than the stat someone else raised the most.

3. The area you decided to grind for levels is NOT better than the place another person chose to grind at.

4. Your opinion of what should or shouldn't be in the game is NOT better than someone else opinion.

5. The way you play the game is your way and is NOT better than how the next person plays.

6. Having the highest score does NOT make you a better player, it just means you have more time to play.

7. Having a low score does NOT make you a bad player, it just means you haven't had a lot of time to play.

8. The way you recover hp is NOT better, than any other way to recover hp.

There are probably a lot more I could put here but hopefully EVERYONE gets the point.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Item usefulness / useless

Post by Mino »

Other than 1 or 2 exceptions, I'm not seeing a lot of bickering, just good old fashioned forum-style discussion and sharing of information.

Just for me, I found some suggestions for places to grind were in fact better than the location I was using, but of course it depends on what you're grinding for (xp, gold, legendary items, meat, etc). The suggestions on what to increase with level ups has also been helpful, even if some of it wasn't stated in the nicest way.

Unless you were being sarcastic about some of the recent over-sensitivity, in which case I guess it went over my head a little.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

"The area you decided to grind for levels is NOT better than the place another person chose to grind at."

"Having the highest score does NOT make you a better player, it just means you have more time to play."

"The way you recover hp is NOT better, than any other way to recover hp."

Okay i want to start out stating that i am not out to start any arguements because this is just my opinion but....

Mathmatically not all places for grinding are created equally, ppl on this forum have spent countless hours mapping out and calculating places where you can gain XP, Gold, Legendary items, etc at a better rate. I do agree that one spot that might be great for one player wont be the best for all players (untill a point).

The same goes for HP items as well, one item can be proven to be better than another but it all does depend on where you are in the game and how you have added your stats.

Luckilly most of the contributers on the forum are just here to help out eachother and offer pointers to newer players.

I would like to state one more time that i am not tryng to start any arguements because there are posts on all these subjects that have disscussions from both sides.

Its just a game and i am here on the forum to see how the game is going to devolp in the future and interact with other players of all levels
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Good post. I also dislike this bickering.

IMO we can still look at something mathematically but the result should not be:
  • So the best weapon to choose is x. (implicating that there is no other way - everyone else is dumb :-) )
but instead:
  • This is the reason I take this weapon. (this is only my way - you may consider other things)
With our math here we also often forgot the prerequisites. Perhaps some players cannot afford items or they are too low in level to grind somewhere, etc.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Pyrizzle wrote:"The area you decided to grind for levels is NOT better than the place another person chose to grind at."

"Having the highest score does NOT make you a better player, it just means you have more time to play."

Okay i want to start out stating that i am not out to start any arguements because this is just my opinion but....

Mathmatically not all places for grinding are created equally, ppl on this forum have spent countless hours mapping out and calculating places where you can gain XP, Gold, Legendary items, etc at a better rate. I do agree that one spot that might be great for one player wont be the best for all players (untill a point).

The same goes for HP items as well, one item can be proven to be better than another but it all does depend on where you are in the game and how you have added your stats.

Luckilly most of the contributers on the forum are just here to help out eachother and offer pointers to newer players.

I would like to state one more time that i am not tryng to start any arguements because there are posts on all these subjects that have disscussions from both sides.

Its just a game and i am here on the forum to see how the game is going to devolp in the future and interact with other players of all levels
Well if all you want to do is argue then .....

Just kidding. I get your point about the math. I just thought it was dumb how everyone thinks they "________" better then everyone else.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
issac888

Post by issac888 »

Pyrizzle, kabbie 1882, samuel

i agree with you all, on what you all have said, we just want to play and no point argue on anything, i left one of the conversation intentionally as i think thta person is taking personal

"better player" there is no such things! we just gald that samuel trying to keep us in the loop of new happening, and keep the interest level by a table, we thank oskar for the game and hope he keep coming up with ideas and new stuff

the skill set is a good start

i think this forum is good, like pyrizzle, you are very helpful to tell people about how to do it better or which route or item to take, it is your advice and experience so sharing is good, i try to read the "help" ones and give advice if i have any to share, in this way the forum will be a life and getting things moving between updates

i take on the legendary items is that we should have it, if not between updates nothgin to look forward too,
Level: 75, XP:7715779 , Gold: 538730
HP: 80, AC: 159%, AD: 36-40 AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 130%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 rocks 3550,weak poison 272
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

kabbie1882 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:"The area you decided to grind for levels is NOT better than the place another person chose to grind at."

Well if all you want to do is argue then .....

Just kidding. I get your point about the math. I just thought it was dumb how everyone thinks they "________" better then everyone else.
I know i am such a troublemaker. :p

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Well I think that debate is healthy, and if someone is passionate about their opinion, then good for them. Also, if you don't have tough enough skin to take some criticism, then you shouldn't be posting your thoughts on an internet forum.

So if you don't like what I have to say, then I'm just going to take my RoLS and go home!
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|