v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Dual Wield - EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Dual Wield - EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!

Post by SirGrindsalot »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpRBLkgcBo

Anyone care to explain - in all possible detail - how dual wield works, and what it does?
I don't seem to fully understand it; it seems to me that all it does is increase your hit chances, and maybe damage output - but only relating to the basic damage values of the weapon you dual wield;

so 2 levels of skill would, in case you wield a fine dagger, give you 24% AC and 1-3 damage - which is frankly quite pathetic. you can get 24% AC with 2 levels of skills on its own, PLUS you get to have a shield.

or am i missing something?
invalidname
android_version: 2.0

Re: Dual Wield - EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!

Post by invalidname »

it is good with crit weapons, adding more crit skill = more chance of crit.

or i can use for example a sword with dam 3-7 with a x3 crit dagger - that would give 9-21 extra damage on a crit, which is nice.

or my favorite, two weapons with actor conditions that will both apply, like a heal on kill weapon, a weakening effect, or a damage over time weapon.

or you could dual wield two big hitting one handers you could find, like the wood cutters hatchet, 6-12 dam becomes 12-24 :)

also it is quite a stylish image.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Dual Wield - EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!

Post by Sarumar »

...the bonuses granted by profiency -type of skills are also multiblied by 2...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1