Bonemeal and Health portion balancing

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
oox

Bonemeal and Health portion balancing

Post by oox »

Hi everyone,
Bonemeal potions are great, they heal a lot of HP and you only have to spend little money. In fact I'm always carrying at least 100 of them with me.
But, the fact that you are able to buy unlimited amounts of Bonemeal makes all other healing potions quite useless. At least for the merchants selling them.
Wouldn't it be better if you would need to give Thoronir five bones each time you want him to create the portions? So you could kill some Skeletons (or whatever) to buy cheap Bonemeal potions or buy the expensive Major potions of health. Especially for those people complaining that they do not know where to spend their gold ;)
Dreia

Re: Bonemeal and Health portion balancing

Post by Dreia »

Typically in most RPG style games as you level up you gain access to new potions that are higher powered than the ones previously available, since the only real factor involved is the magnitude of the heal (we don't have HoT's yet) it stands to reason that there will at any one time be only one "ultimate" heal potion.

Honestly at this point I think it would be nice to get some +60 HP potions, by level 30 you should have enough chances to get more than 70 HP to make them worth while.

What I *would* like to see is some balancing in terms of existing low end heals. paying 17 gold for an item that heals you for 1 xp is rather silly. I would rather see the food stuffs ranged better to cover the 1-40 HP range.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Bonemeal and Health portion balancing

Post by Samuel »

I filled in a feature request here:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=213
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0