v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Keyboard Abuse

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Keyboard Abuse

Post by PK17 »

So, today I realized that the arrow keys on my keyboard will move my character in the game, as well as the wasd keys. Well, the problem is that when you walk into an enemy with the keyboard (initiating a fight), you can hit any direction key to attack the enemy. The bug is that you can hold down that direction key and continually attack the creature, without ever removing your finger. I have noticed that this "bug abuse" is extremely useful on narrow paths or bridges. On the road to remgard, I can run through those two bridges (one with brutes, the other arulirs) without hitting more than one or two buttons, where normally I would have tapped the screen about 50-75 times. It isn't very effective to walk around like that constantly, but it is worth breaking it out in those special areas. If you tap the screen whilst in battle, it will have a strange effect on using the keys.

I also found another bug, but I don't know if it has been reported yet. I know there was a problem with the player's health bar, but with this bug the enemies health bar dissapears as well as the Attack,end turn, and flee buttons. I can get screenshots, but it happens randomly to me, but fairly often.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Keyboard Abuse

Post by nyktos »

PK17 wrote:So, today I realized that the arrow keys on my keyboard will move my character in the game, as well as the wasd keys. Well, the problem is that when you walk into an enemy with the keyboard (initiating a fight), you can hit any direction key to attack the enemy. The bug is that you can hold down that direction key and continually attack the creature, without ever removing your finger. I have noticed that this "bug abuse" is extremely useful on narrow paths or bridges. On the road to remgard, I can run through those two bridges (one with brutes, the other arulirs) without hitting more than one or two buttons, where normally I would have tapped the screen about 50-75 times. It isn't very effective to walk around like that constantly, but it is worth breaking it out in those special areas. If you tap the screen whilst in battle, it will have a strange effect on using the keys.
you can get the same effect with the virtual d-pad [touch screen]

PK17 wrote:I also found another bug, but I don't know if it has been reported yet. I know there was a problem with the player's health bar, but with this bug the enemies health bar dissapears as well as the Attack,end turn, and flee buttons. I can get screenshots, but it happens randomly to me, but fairly often.
yup & fixed in the next release

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Ahhhh... ok then... its pretty useful for bridges.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I don't see using the keyboard as a bug.

You should be able to just hold your finger on the screen and move without having to tap it a bunch. That is what I do.