Just starting out

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Defanatus
android_version: 4.0

Just starting out

Post by Defanatus »

Hey all, i just started playing Andor's Trail and it seems pretty fun. But i noticed I'm incredibly weak. I'm level 6 with 36 HP 4-5 attack and 85% attack rate. I seem to be only able to kill 3-4 snakes in the cave below Crossglen before i have to run back to my bed and rest. I don't mind grinding but i was wondering if there is any tips on getting a little father before having to run back to heal?
Lvl: 19 Exp: 129569 HP: 54 AC: 160% AD: 16-21
AP: 3 ECC: 9%, CM: 2.0 BC: 11% DR:0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Just starting out

Post by Pyrizzle »

I spend time starting out doing small circles near the starting city to collect meats (the best source of income for a new player)

Starting from Crossglen
Head East and take out the Rabid Dogs
Head North and take out the rabid Dogs (3 of em, don't go too far north)
Then south 2 screens for a few more rabid dogs
Then west for 2 green snakes
Then south for 2 more green snakes (Just the snakes)
Then North 2 screens to rest back in Crossglen
START OVER.

This is the easiest way i found to get money at the start. Money is very important to start because getting better gear allows you to go farther for longer w/o having to rest or heal.

Happy hunting my friend! Hope this helps a bit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defanatus

Post by Defanatus »

Thanks :D I am doing the loop now. One more question. When i level I'm torn between putting a point into attack or attack chance. Im trying for the "kill them before they kill me" tactic, so is attack chance really worth putting a point into or should i go right into +1 attack damage?
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

A balance of the 2 would be best.

You want a high AC so that you will not miss often
&
A high Attack Damage to bring your enemies to their knees.

What Skills are you thinking about getting?
What lvl are you currently?
Have you gotten Increased Fortitude? if you have not you should. =)

Defanatus

Post by Defanatus »

Im currently level 6, i did get the fortitude skill. and i figured i would get regeneration and then i havent thought passed that. i have enought points to level but im stalling to figure out which option to throw my point into.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Increased Fortitude is my favorite skill. The addition of 1 HP every time you level up really helps players to not put the level up bonuses into HP and instead can put them into AC, BC, & AD.

Good luck and if you have ANY questions feel free to ask anytime. I'll be around.

Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Pyrizzle lays out some great strategy here....regen is nice as it allows you to gain hp(when not in combat) back without using meat....try getting the hardened leather shirt and irogotu's neckace (quest just east of crossglen) and the sharpened steel dagger and a couple tavern brawler's rings; these early on will really help ya.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Irogotu's necklace is good until you can pick up the Jewel Of Fallhaven, which Lowers Attack Cost (AP) allowing players to get more swings in each turn.

I say the best thing to do early on is to not buy much (or any) of the equipment sold in Crossglen and instead go to Fallhaven where there are better items and a greater selection. After getting enough gear to grind try to save up and then head to the Crossroads guardhouse and loneford. After you get equipment up there you would be set for a bit (depending on build/play style of course)

Hope this helps. I start over all the time so i have gotten pretty quick at the beginning of the game. The hardest part is just grinding enough to buy the equipment you need.

Really most of the stuff sold in crossglen is junk.