Combat mechanics

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: What is wrong with your "to hit" calculator?????

Post by Sarumar »

only1doug wrote:
Cthulhu2112 wrote:Hi guys, nbew to the forum... but look , change how stuff is LISTED. I have an attack % of ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY FOUR( sorry abt caps, but , dude, why?) and the monster has a block of 90, (grinding to get my 1st whatever i get from the shadow gargoyle dudes...) DO NOT EXPECT ME TO ACCEPT THREE, YES THREE! :evil: , ATTACKS IN A ROW THAT MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, what's up w/ the game???? I REALLY think you should re-do how you put an attack chance on the game. (coming from an old, crotchety dungeons and dragons dungeon master (vers 1,2 and 3, beyond that they made it complicated just to say they did new stuff)

"A man w/deadly hands must be VERY careful when slapping on aftershave! :)
Its not a linear progression, the calculations are posted here, but think of it as starting at your attack being 50 greater than the opponents defense, then improving or declining by the square root of the remainder of the diffence.
Argon of Peristalsis wrote:Related question: How is first attack determined? I know if I just stand there and wait for an enemy to come to me, they will get first attack. The rest is a mystery to me. Do action points have something to do with

The answer can be found here but basically monsters have an aggressiveness rating which gives them a chance of attacking first, levels in the evasion skill will reduce this chance.
hmm... my friend you too need to spend more time in the corner table... currently there is no aggressiveness rating...

but do not worry even the greateat ones are wrong sometimes (i mean some much greater forces than i)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Combat mechanics

Post by Antison »

Argon of Peristalsis wrote:Related question: How is first attack determined? I know if I just stand there and wait for an enemy to come to me, they will get first attack. The rest is a mystery to me. Do action points have something to do with it?
Walk up to the NPC and press on it quickly(you can also press the "Attack" button @ the top of the screen). Doing so will initiate you attacking first most of the time (the Evasion skill increases that chance).
"A home without a beagle is just a house"