v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Advice on new build

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Spirestone
android_version: 4.0

Advice on new build

Post by Spirestone »

I'd like to grab some people's advice on a new build. It will focus on a High BC. The skills are where I'm having a little conflict.

There are two routes I'd like to go with this...

#1: Putting skill points into Dodge and Evasion, then getting Taunt. Now, having a High BC will make Taunt amazing, but it lessens the effectiveness of Evasion. What's the point of always attacking first when they have a very small chance to hit me?

#2: Putting points into Dodge/Bark Skin/Regeneration. Regen will be super effective with a High BC/DR, as each round I'll most likely take no damage and gain health.

Assume each build will take Increased Fortitude at each availability level. I believe Combat Speed will be needed in both builds as well, as I will not be using the Quickstrike Dagger due to its 20% hit to dodge.

I'm leaning towards build #2, unless Taunt really is that good.
Level: 81, XP: 9625327, Gold: 1179469
HP: 276, AC: 283%, AD: 46-62, AP: 4, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 211%, DR: 3
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Advice on new build

Post by Mino »

if you're patient enough, I'd say save up the skill points and only use the ones for increased fortitude, but leave the rest unused. Then when you have enough skill points saved up you can split off into 2 separate saves and try out both options.

otherwise I'd go with option 2 since it will stay more useful if you level up really high
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
silinda
android_version: 3.0

Post by silinda »

I've put my info behind a spoiler, though its mostly general info...just in case...
regen doesn't work when you are next to a critter. It only works when you are out of combat and not next to a critter. It's still worth it if they aren't hitting you too often but as things start getting pretty high damage, you'll need a bit of time to recover once they do hit you.

Increased Fort is free HP every level, definitely worth getting whenever its available.

Like what Mino said...if you plan to level up fairly high, high dodge is doable...but keep in mind, taunt only has 1 level and only drops the critter by 2hp...might save 1 attack every round though.

Bark skin seems pretty decent but once you can start leveling up with a few points of Damage resistance, bark skin only augments that as the critters will start doing a lot more damage then your DR can sustain.

Course, by that point, you probably have access to 40+ hp and bonemeal potions.

I started with getting 2 points of DR by getting an amulet and a ring...then grinding snakes for a while...after that I got up to 5 points of DR and ground up a good number of wolves...only a few can get past the 5 DR and they cap at 6. couldn't get 6 without another point in bark skin.

Either way, Mino had some good advice, grind for a bit and then make 2 saves and then try both paths for a bit...Other then increased fort, everything else just seemed like gravy.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

In a high block chance build, regeneration is a waste. regenerate what? you haven't even been hit.
Get a RoLS if you want regeneration, but don't waste the skill points.

with a high block chance build, you will find that most of the skills are not conducive such a build style.
you mentioned evasion and taunt. These are two usefull skills as is Dodge.

you will enjoy the block chance build
FYI, See my signature for the stats on both my BC builds. The main one and the second one.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Spirestone wrote:... unless Taunt really is that good.
In my opinion it is not.

Tek has some good points, regeneration would be wasted if you are not getting hit (but i do think that a level or 2 can come in handy)

Bark Skin would be a great one for your build.

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nicfer
android_version: 5.0

Post by nicfer »

Hello, first post here, I'm writing here since I find it better to not start a new thread.

I'm starting a new character, now with a different build. My concept is to focus more points on block (and maybe some on attack chance or damage) since a lot of HP only helps in delaying your return to the tavern and requires lots of healing items to keep you full, or spending at least one point on regeneration and wait forever.

My proposed skills are:

- Increased fortitude ASAP. Regardless of what I said above, some HP is still needed. IF covers this point pretty well, specially on the long term.

- Bark skin. Damage resistance is a major requirement for low HP builds.

- Corpse eater. Gives you an excellent source of HP, with high block chance and damage reduction you'll only require potions very rarely.

Unneeded skills:

- Regeneration. As people above say, plus really slow.

As for equipment, I'm going to use stuff with AC and HP mostly, JoF and a weapon with 3-4 AP, no crit since there are lots of immune mobs and highly luck based. Maybe also a defender shield after adding some AC to balance it's penalty.

Opinions are opened from now on.
Last edited by nicfer on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of my bad grammer!

Main character Nicferatus II:

Lvl: 35, XP: 768414, Gold: 41437, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 82, AC: 253%, AD: 24-32, AP: 2, ECC: -%, CM: -, BC: 38%, DR: 7
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

For everyone not interested in regeneration, it's been mentioned before that it might get changed to be active during fights which would make it more useful.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Mino wrote:For everyone not interested in regeneration, it's been mentioned before that it might get changed to be active during fights which would make it more useful.
quite an astute obeservation,
posts like this are why it's so nice to have members like you!

8-)

skill balancing is KEY!!!

:shock:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]