v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Question about AP cost

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Darkstar
android_version: 4.0

Question about AP cost

Post by Darkstar »

I was just wondering if I have a sword with 4 as the AP costs, why dose an attack cost 6? I have nothing else in my inventory that raise AP cost. I have 12 AP points and I would love to be able to swing the sword 3 times. Thanks.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Question about AP cost

Post by Pyrizzle »

Darkstar wrote:I was just wondering if I have a sword with 4 as the AP costs, why dose an attack cost 6? I have nothing else in my inventory that raise AP cost. I have 12 AP points and I would love to be able to swing the sword 3 times. Thanks.
What gear are you currently using? (some gear effects AP)
Are you wearing the Jewel of Fallhaven? (it would lower your Attack Cost -1)
Are you currently effected with any status effects?

The sword you are using has an Attack cost of 4AP
If you had nothing equipped besides the sword you should get 3 swings in one round
If you have only the sword and the jewel of fallhaven you should get 4 swings in one round
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Necrite
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Necrite »

Also, where are you and what are you fighting? If you're fighting lots of White Wyrms and Wyrm Apprentices, it's likely that you're pretty close to permanently fatigued, meaning that each action costs extra action points.
Lvl: 25, XP: 274711, Gold: 13236, RoLS: 1, SR 97,
HP: 61, AC: 175%, AD: 20-31, ECC: 15%, CM: 2.0, BC: 55%, DR: 3
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

This is a list of all of my equipment

Leather cap
Necklace of the guardian
Superior hard leather armour
Crude wooden buckler
Troublemakers gloves
Ring of lesser shadow X2
Flagstone pride
Woodcutter boots

I am in the blackwater mountain looking for the Elytharan redeemer. I am fighting a lot of Wyrm trainer. Can you tell me more about being permanently fatigued? I didn't know that was possible, can you cure it or does it go away? I looked at my status and didn't see any thing saying I was permanently fatigued.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

He didn't literally mean permanently, just that you were probably constantly getting afflicted with it. The young wyrms, white wyrms, wyrm trainers and masters all have a chance of causing it when they hit you. And it raises your attack cost by 2 AP.

There should be a purple swirly looking thing on the bottom right of your screen when you're playing, or if you check your stats it will be listed under active conditions.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Necrite
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Necrite »

It's a status effect caused by almost everything you fight there, with a high chance to hit, and a long duration. While I'm there, I find that it's usually reapplied almost as soon as I lose it. It's displayed in the bottom right corner of your screen as a purple swirly icon. When you have it, go to your character Overview scree and click the link beside to get the full details.

It isn't really permanent, but it's on you so often in that area that it feels like it.
Lvl: 25, XP: 274711, Gold: 13236, RoLS: 1, SR 97,
HP: 61, AC: 175%, AD: 20-31, ECC: 15%, CM: 2.0, BC: 55%, DR: 3
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

Ah OK, I see. That might be it. Sometimes I notice that I start out with 8 AP instead of 12, is that part of the fatigue?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Darkstar wrote:Ah OK, I see. That might be it. Sometimes I notice that I start out with 8 AP instead of 12, is that part of the fatigue?
Yes that would be fatigue having an effect on you.

Minor Fatigue
Attack cost AP: 2
AD: -1
Move cost penalty +2 AP
Caused by: hit from any Wyrm creature or trainer, using Shadowfang (20% chance on hit, inflicted on self)
Cure: Restore fatigue potion

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!