v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

first post! guts, glory, and gear myths!

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
knightmare0
android_version: 4.0

first post! guts, glory, and gear myths!

Post by knightmare0 »

so ive been playing AT for a good while now better half of a year and i love it love the new update, on my second charecter now after my first ( and remake of when i changed phones) kinda hit a hard platuea using a crit build.
more recently ive gone with a straightforward kind of build hp att evade acc all balanced out as i lvl w right skills and heavy non crit gear thats doing me wonders ( will repost later for opinions) but im curious after reading around about a few things

1 the gear list spreadsheet has marrowtaint with 9 bc/ac and -1 AP cost while a few forum posts ive seen all recommend JoF and dont say marrow taint has that -1 ap trait. so does it or doesnt it?

2 most of the beastiary and reviews ive read seem to show the higher lvl exp ( and always boss mobs) having crit immunity hence y i swapped from it skill wise on my latest build. is there a trend of more and more mobs later game say lvl 40+ w the immunity to nullify the huge power crits have? and ifso is there a plan to balance this out in the next update so that crits are more useful later on ( say giving normal mobs crit resistant or DR for crits insted of straight immunity)

3 last but not least im curious how this build looks sofar to the rest of the seasoned vets here
dark protector
champions mail
troublemakers gloves
JoF (also have irogotus for situational atm)
wood cutters boots ( also have vacors)
villians ring x2 ( have protectors and polishedBS rings x2 aswell)
wooden defender ( the tower sheild below it aswell for crit setup)
balanced steel sword (quick strike and waiting on DoSP for crit setup and SoS for messin around)

stats are w gear
lvl 32
hp90
12 ap
ap cost 3
acc% 200
ad 14-25
chs -6
bc 102
dr 3

base stats
hp 84
ac 125
ad 5
bc 30

skills are : 1 dodge 1 bark skin 2 combat speed fortitude2 1 regen (saving 32 point for fortitude 3 and doing bark skin 2 at 36 right after working on ac/ad till 40 when i up block again)

yeah its a wall of stuff but ive had these things burned into my mind by kazual himself for ages since i ripped thru bwm at 24 using the above gear ( minus the DP) and have been owning the aleceph caves since 26 ( awesome exp area btw for a non crit setup)
so who can help/gimme some opinions
lvl 40 dual weild ninjar
Lvl 1 2h berserker
blackwater butcherer
allaceph annihilator
Charwood liberator!
mercenary, savior, villian? who cares im just plain awesome....
Dual weild or not dual wield....
My awesome 2h weapons beg me this question.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: first post! guts, glory, and gear myths!

Post by fiernaq »

1. Marrowtaint is a fairly recent addition to the game which is why you don't see a lot about it on the forums.
Stats:
Lowers attack cost by 1 AP
+9% AC
+9% BC
+5 Max HP

It is a quest item over near Remgard where you have two options - help one person and you get the Marrowtaint as a reward, help the other person and you get upgraded equipment and some other stuff as a reward. And yes, completing one side of that quest line prevents you from completing the other so make your decision ahead of time as to which items you want more.
2. I carry both a quickstrike and a critical set of equipment and trade them out based on where I am and who I'm fighting. Most bosses I tend to use the quickstrike build because I already plan on using hit & run tactics. Some of the monsters on the path to Remgard have 100+ HP though so rather than using quickstrike I've found a crit setup to be more effective against them because I only need 2-3 actual crits to win whereas I could sit there beating on them for a while in quickstrike mode.

3. More AD, otherwise looks decent. 8-)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
knightmare0

Post by knightmare0 »

Sweet glad marrow is as spreadshert showed it so im all in on that hopefully i can buy stuff from remgaurd before/after that. they still have non upgraded pieces id like.
And thnx id like to grind RoLS but wont be till after i wrap up fortitude and barkskin ill have points for magic finder. Otherwise not much can be upgraded gear wise and AD is what im workin on right mow at 33-38
i pretty well run in 5 lvl cycles of AD AC or BC depending on what im fighting for exp wipl determine what i up first. I want 15-20 base AT asap w bc and Ac alternated in that cycle around it up to 125 bc and 250ac ish? Think nothing can evade much at 250-300 overall ac so ill pump points into BC and AT after that.
Lovvvvve the tank setup entered the allaceph caves at 27 28 for the quest w 175 BMP still have 115 from skele and red demons droppin potions to suplement them. Wont leave till im almost out of them.
lvl 40 dual weild ninjar
Lvl 1 2h berserker
blackwater butcherer
allaceph annihilator
Charwood liberator!
FallenBlade
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by FallenBlade »

About the marrowtaint...
It seems rather OP. Who exactly gives it to you? What are the stats of the other equipment?
knightmare0

Post by knightmare0 »

No idea honestly most of the remgaurd gear can be bought, only the upgraded shield and upgraded version of the chainmail you get from crossroads is that great i think and honestly champions chainmail works better since the -crit wont matter in a high bc/dr/hp build and villians or valughas works better for crit/offensive builds.
Ill dig the different pieces up though to.be sure bur i bought the enhanced combat boots and shield for my build and got marrowtaint to swap for JoF
Its far far better then the upgraded gear though.
lvl 40 dual weild ninjar
Lvl 1 2h berserker
blackwater butcherer
allaceph annihilator
Charwood liberator!
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

FallenBlade wrote:About the marrowtaint...
It seems rather OP. Who exactly gives it to you? What are the stats of the other equipment?
Actually, other than the
-1 to attack cost
the Marrowtaint really isn't all that great. Especially at higher levels when you'll already have plenty of the other stats. Sure, it's a boost up from the Jewel of Fallhaven but it's not a game changer for anyone since you could pick up the equivalent stats in just a few levels. Really, it comes down to what your strategy is and whether or not the upgraded equipment from Remgard is worth it to you.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:
FallenBlade wrote:About the marrowtaint...
Actually, other than the
-1 to attack cost
the Marrowtaint really isn't all that great. Especially at higher levels when you'll already have plenty of the other stats. Sure, it's a boost up from the Jewel of Fallhaven but it's not a game changer for anyone since you could pick up the equivalent stats in just a few levels. Really, it comes down to what your strategy is and whether or not the upgraded equipment from Remgard is worth it to you.
+1 I totally agree. My main build have marrowtaint because the storyline "forced" me to schoose those path... im not the nice guy :evil: Anyhow my build would have received more benefits in the other path...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1