v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

evasion overpowered?!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Re: evasion overpowered?!

Post by SirGrindsalot »

ridiculous .. why would this be overpowered, if it's such a pain in the butt to use it?

the time you spend dancing i would be grinding; in the hours it took you to get to remgard at lev 20, i'd be there, lev 30, with higher stats than yours.
besides, if a spider ever spawns next to you you're done.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not use curse words on the forum, this is a kid friendly site. Thank you. :)
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Evasion is the skill that makes it possible for builds with no bc to become invincible. By becoming the first to hit, offensive builds will guarantee that the enemy would die before it has a chance to retaliate. So, in a sense, it is a little overpowered. But when intelligent monster movements are implemented, evasion would only be a usefull skill, and not half so overpowered. So I guess since it's going to be tweaked anyway, there's no need to worry about if it is overpowered.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Evasion is the skill that makes it possible for builds with no bc to become invincible. By becoming the first to hit, offensive builds will guarantee that the enemy would die before it has a chance to retaliate. So, in a sense, it is a little overpowered. But when intelligent monster movements are implemented, evasion would only be a usefull skill, and not half so overpowered. So I guess since it's going to be tweaked anyway, there's no need to worry about if it is overpowered.
Well put!

With the NPCs being able to move at you in the future (during combat) evasion will not be as useful anymore when you start getting swarmed.

For now it is a bit overpowered (imho) but it's not something that will be a problem down the line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

...I thought evasion was being adjusted to compensate for the change in monster AI swarming? Something along the lines of reducing the chances that the monster "spots" you so it ignores you because it doesn't see you. That would make it so that with Evasion (4) you might enter an area full of monsters and only a few of them come towards you to attack.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

+1 fiernaq, I have to agree. Perhaps a bit more clarification of the upcoming NPC AI could be arranged?
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Or at least clarification on how evasion is being changed so that it once again fits into the game based on the changes being made to the NPC AI.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:Or at least clarification on how evasion is being changed so that it once again fits into the game based on the changes being made to the NPC AI.
+1 on this post and some earlier thougts too..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'm not sure how the Ai will be changed in the future at this moment.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and when i find something i can share I will let you guys know here.

Happy hunting everyone!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!