v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

lost on the road to remgard

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
pandora
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

lost on the road to remgard

Post by pandora »

Guys, help please. Im what we call 'rigtingbeneek' in afrikaans. It means i have no sense of direction so i kinda got very very very lost. I finished bwm area and then headed north(ish) from crossglen and the guardpost thing. Was looking for a new town. Then i went east mostly, fought some frogs, then izthiel, then worms, then idregh things, then spider things, then trolls and now more spider things. I dont think i should be here at my level or my character sucks (im 31 and starting to go low on potions). Can someone please comment: is there a town or something i can soldier on towards or is it going to get worse and should i attempt to turn around (i tried that once and only got more lost) I dont know if this will help but i saw a post on oegyth cystals somewhere, i have 3 now, i understand they are in fixed locations so maybe thatl give someone a clue as to where i am?
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Re: lost on the road to remgard

Post by Kruncha »

Just carry on forwards, your nearly there. you've done all the hard parts, the rest should be plain sailing to Remgard.

There is only one way forward, so your going the right way.

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
pandora

Post by pandora »

Okay thanks. Am i going to remgrad then?
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

If you're past the spider things and are attacking trolls, you should be more than halfway there already.
If my memory is correct, you should go north once you've exited the spider cave, then you will see some low-level dogs and foxes that drop meat. Once you've killed the dog/fox thingies, go east and you should start fighting trolls that can inflict the WORST actor conditions in the entire game. They've got terrible aim, though, so unless you're unlucky, you should be okay. Just save before attacking those trolls. Once past those trolls, you'll see a bridge, and on it, fat I-don't-know-whats. They can also inflict concussion on you, so again, save before you fight them. Cross the bridge east, and soon after you should see another bridge north. Cross this one, and all you'll see on the way to Remgard will be beears that are quite easy to defeat. Hope this helps!
Hey guys, I'm back.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

There's also a cabin you might come across on the way to Remgard (just slightly off the path, but in the same general direction). I recommend saving your game before talking to anyone either in the cabin or Remgard.

Then save into a new slot, and use that to talk to both sides (that way, if you regret any choices made, you can go back and choose differently).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

pandora wrote:Okay thanks. Am i going to remgrad then?
yes this is the way to remgard.

after the spider caves there are a lot of mountain brutes, maonit trolls and arulirs. these can also be quite tough if you are not prepared. also the lack of potions is a mild concern as you still have to return through the spider caves and potions are never cheap...

there are some maps compiled by digital which can be found here ---> http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=40

i thought i had seen another map posted but cant remember where??

i would estimate that the bed available (after completing quest) in the bug cave would be the 'halfway' point.

good luck,

oh, and if you do make it to remgard you can always participate in the AT decathalon challenge... :lol:

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Yes, the trolls and arulirs are very tough because of their high HP. If you happen to have the Villain's leather armor and cowards boots to reduce your move cost, and you're using Quickstrike dagger with Jewel of Fallhaven, and you have Combat Speed level 2, then you can attack 4 times, and use the remaining 4 AP to try to Flee, and then attack again.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Depending on your situation, with as many potions as you have; I would reccommend against sleeping in any bed you find in Remgard.... use the bed your saved at now so that you can get down faster and save potions. If it was a brutal path up, it'll be a tougher one down with less potions. Or just a lot of saving and reloading...
pandora

Post by pandora »

Im not sure how this happened. I never made it remgard, must have gotten turned around somehow. I think i went in a huge circle and ended up back at the river with the guy in the safehouse who wants to buy claws from you. Think il go buy some potions and try again later. I have some directions now. Thanks guys.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

pandora wrote:Im not sure how this happened. I never made it remgard, must have gotten turned around somehow. I think i went in a huge circle and ended up back at the river with the guy in the safehouse who wants to buy claws from you. Think il go buy some potions and try again later. I have some directions now. Thanks guys.
Good luck! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------