v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestion for all maps

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Dreia

Suggestion for all maps

Post by Dreia »

I don't know if anyone else has ever had issues but sometimes when moving to the edge of a map I have a hard time moving around due to it being right on the edge of the screen.

What I would like to suggest is that maps have a 2 or 3 tile buffer around them (that you cannot enter) which would keep you from moving completely to the edge of your screen. The buffer would be tiled to look like the map continues but would have an impassible layer put down on top to prevent you from walking on any open area's.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Kim

Re: Suggestion for all maps

Post by Kim »

Maybe I misunderstand you, but all maps have a buffer area where monsters do not spawn (not sure if they can attack to edge). This area is the tile you enter a map on + at least 1 additional tile, so you can go forward and then backward so you will return to the previous map without any combat required.
If you have found a map where this is not true, please specify which map(s) so it may be corrected.

If you meant something else, could you elaborate further ?
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

the spawn points are always at the very edge of a map, at least for me there is nothing shown past that point. what I'm saying is that a border around the walkable extents of a map would help. For instance the stated map size is 30 x 30 in which you can walk around fight enemies etc. My suggestion is to make maps 34-36 in length with a usable area of 30x30 centered within. In other words you would never actually be able to travel along the absolute edge of a map, as such this would help keep the character from the edges of your phone screen where some people have complained about movement issues.

~D

EDIT: just a note I'm not saying that designers have to draw anything, it can just be a black ring, as it stands already a map that doesn't fill up the screen simply leaves a black area to one side or another, all this would do is keep you from hitting the edges with your toon.
~Level 33~
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

I know what you are asking for and it is the reason a lot of players are asking for a toggle feature.

I play on an HTC Hero that has a tract ball. When I play on my wife's phone, an Evo, I have to touch the screen and run into the same issue you are talking about.

While I am still a huge fan of just using a toggle movement feature, I think that your idea would help when game play is on a touch screen only device.

My only concern with shrinking the playing screen so you can go to the edges is that the screens on most of these devices are already really small and taking away some of the playing field would only add to user interaction difficulty.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

I wasn't talking about shrinking the screen though, the only difference you'd really see is when your already at the edge of the map there will be a couple of squares you can't get to, and when you are transitioning between maps you will zone before hitting the perceived edge.

~D
~Level 33~
michischmid2000

Post by michischmid2000 »

Generally it's possible, but at the moment there are more important things to do. I'll keep that in mind.
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!