v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

question about regeneration

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: question about regeneration

Post by phydeaux »

Actually, it's not a bug...
You only see the effect burst & number from the last effect calculated... When game was lagging and I'd get a bunch of negative effects, I'd see it cycle through all displayed effects... Game calculates and displays each effect type separately., so you only see the last effect calculated and fed to screen. The effect display is its own sub routine, and only displays one effect per call...
:)
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

phydeaux wrote:Actually, it's not a bug...
You only see the effect burst & number from the last effect calculated... When game was lagging and I'd get a bunch of negative effects, I'd see it cycle through all displayed effects... Game calculates and displays each effect type separately., so you only see the last effect calculated and fed to screen. The effect display is its own sub routine, and only displays one effect per call...
If it's no bug, then it's a missing feature ;)
It should either combine effects before displaying them or show them all one after another. - I vote for combining (calculating) the effects.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Lol, yes, either would work, although combining would probably be the only way to do it, especially in an area where you can get different types of conditions...
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

What happens is that only values from splash animations are added together, and since the regeneration skill does not have any animation, it does not get added to the splashy floating value. You might have noticed that regeneration skill only silently increases HP each round, compared to Shadow regen (from RoLS) that also does an animation and a floating value. The code for animations was changed from v0.6.10 to v0.6.11 to combine all splash animations into a single one - and since the regeneration skill isn't an animation, it does not included by that combining function. I can, however, totally see how this might be confusing :)
/Oskar