v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New game +, repeatable quests, and a skill/attribute trainer

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Acherion
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

New game +, repeatable quests, and a skill/attribute trainer

Post by Acherion »

The ability to finish the game and continue again at a harder difficulty would be great way to raise replay value.

Adding in repeatable quests would aid players in the grinding process, by adding a buffer between them and xp loss or coin shortages. It would also be a great way to make grinding seem less monotonous.

A trainer would be neat. One that trades specific items for attribute increases. Ie. Bring 6 bones and 7 animal fur to gain +x% block chance. That would give increased purpose to the existing resources.

Maybe even trade bones for swords or useless items for potions? It seems worth a shot. It is definitely a feature that will earn this game a second look and even spark some conversations about it. In the end thats what its about :D right?
Kardinaal
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: New game +, repeatable quests, and a skill/attribute tra

Post by Kardinaal »

The ability to finish the game and continue again at a harder difficulty would be great way to raise replay value.
Good point about the repeat of the game, but since the story isn't done yet, and not even all maps are in game as of this moment, so it's a little early to build it in. But it would definately make the game more interesting.

Adding in repeatable quests would aid players in the grinding process, by adding a buffer between them and xp loss or coin shortages. It would also be a great way to make grinding seem less monotonous.
Repeatable quests are even more important (and would be interesting in this stage of the devellopment). To add another advantage: (repeatable) quests could point newbs in the direction of the good leveling grounds (I remember it took me quite some time to figure out where to grind). For example, a simple quest like "bring a letter to the guy guarding the assylum", would let people know there is an assylum and point them in the general direction (like "follow the road south, then west"). Also quests leading towards the next town could be handy. Quests basically steer the players into the right direction.

A trainer would be neat. One that trades specific items for attribute increases. Ie. Bring 6 bones and 7 animal fur to gain +x% block chance. That would give increased purpose to the existing resources.
I'm afraid this would be overpowered honestly. You need to grind quite a bit in this game, which means you can get a lot of these things stockpiled. Take a look at any of the "looking for a ... " threads in the general forum and you'll see what I mean. Getting 500 gems while grinding for a unique weapon is quite commont grinding untill the next update. There's people going lvl 100+ in the Irquan cave, and you should be able to start grinding there around lvl 50...

but overall there's some great ideas here. Keep them coming :) .
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

going off on a tangent here, but you can clear the iqhan cave @ lv. 20
without save tricks or hit & run tactics... it is dangerous - but possible.

i actually entered at 15 & left at 17 with the DoSP
(i did save a couple times - very dangerous place)
only saying this so people wont miss out on a fun cave! :twisted:

i digress...

EVERY single time i see "New Game +"
i get excited & when i get excited ~ i keep playing
good call! (what parameters?) BUT...

i think i would play twice anyway - once good / once evil
can we still keep that charm with a new game +?
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Kardinaal
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Kardinaal »

Basically, for the choices to mean something ingame, they'll need to track your decisions in some way, so anything is possible. Either you keep the data from your first playthrough and it decides what your second playthrough looks like, or you erase it and start over with the standard value you started your first playthrough with. I've encountered both in my ten year (and counting ;)) search for good RPGs. Some games even incorporated multiple dificulties story wise (allthough barely - think amnesia/timetravel stories).
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
edferd
android_version: 4.0

Post by edferd »

i like the idea of a trader. but make it like 1000 small rocks can be turned into a granite platebody or something along those lines. so people that are grinding for a rols have something else to look forward to other then 1000 small rocks 1000 gems and various other items.
Lvl: 32, XP: 574831 Gold: 36965, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 92, AC: 154%, AD: 14-25, AP: 4, CC: 17%, CM: 2, BC: 85%, DR: 2