v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

ring of lesser Shadow

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: ring of lesser Shadow

Post by Antison »

Building your stats after getting your level into the low to middle 30's just takes way to long. I had to get 63,500 points to gain level 35, and now it's something like 66k. Gaining only 110 points per win from the gargoyle trainers/masters makes this so long and boring.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

I've got some PC work in the near future, at which time I'll be taking a break from Andor's Trail. Currently, I am nearing level 86 which requires nearly 400,000 experience points to achieve.
One of even fewer...
Fruit Fly

Post by Fruit Fly »

Im level 35 myself now, I haven't really played in about a week, just waiting on the next release. I've been camped in the cave since level 16 but have yet to score a ring. I'm giving up for now. Eagerly awaiting v6.9
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I also still haven't had a ring get dropped. I'm at level 28 with one game and 27 with a second. I've set a limit that if I don't get one by the time I hit level 30, I'll leave the caves, and see what new quests can be started (read about some of them in the forums that I hadn't though to check back on).

Then, if there's no update yet, I'll go back to the caves. At least I'll be rich after selling all those ruby and polished gems, and all the gold I got from killing the trainers.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
NickyScissors

Post by NickyScissors »

:o I just looted my first RoLS!!!! I stared at the screen for a few minutes in disbelief before equipping the ring... lol. Based on others grinding for this, it sounds like I was very lucky to get it as early as I did. Here's some stats for you:

Small Rock Count: 281
# of Levels Gained: 8 - Currently level 22
Estimated Hours Grinding: 10

Time to start grinding for a 2nd one!
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Congratulations! Did you use a specific method?
One of even fewer...
NickyScissors

Post by NickyScissors »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Congratulations! Did you use a specific method?
I pretty much did the same process that you mentioned in your guide. I spent most of my time killing trainers in the alter room and occationally went into the other two areas when they fully respawned. I don't recall if I looted it from a Trainer or Master though... I wish I would have paid attention to that.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

I was hoping you'd say that. It seems since I posted it, people have been giving up left and right until version 0.6.9 is released. I'm still working for a 3rd ring, or hopefully something better that might drop for players who continue the pursuit. In the event that I only get a 3rd ring, perhaps an upcoming quest may call for your sacrifice of this ring for a morally greater good or an opportunity to gain a unique enchanted item only by means of sacrifice. Regardless, the experience points keep racking up. Glad to hear of your success and persistence.
One of even fewer...
NickyScissors

Post by NickyScissors »

Thanks for the kind words :)

It's no suprise that others have given up though. The fact that you have 8,000+ small stones and have only seen two of these rings can be pretty depressing. What's your current small stone count by the way?

Hopefully my recent luck will inspire others to give it a shot again. Best of luck to you on a 3rd ring.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

11,560. I'm a little over 3/4's the way to level 88. It's quite possible that my stats have been a hindrance in acquiring a ring as your example may suggest. Your scenario is closer to what a player would have been through by the time the game is first played, as it will by others when Andor's Trail is released as as finished product. For many of us who have just been exploring and building stats, our examples are far from typical game play. If this theory is relevant, then hopefully you will be much closer to additional rings.

I see your point on the small stone count issue. I had hoped that the Guide would encourage players to keep at it, rather than throw in the towel. However, with your report of using the Guide at the stats you started with, perhaps others will share in your experience as they begin their game of Andor's Trail. I look forward to reading more stories like yours. Thanks for your post and the encouragement others should surely find from it.
One of even fewer...