v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

This is my why to the players

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

This is my why to the players

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Why is it, Everytime you have a need to say;
1. I want all items easier.
2. I want the game easier.
(I can do it with out substance.. a tad grind but that's my choice.
3. Make quest easier.
You guys want a Zelda/ golden axe warror era are lost.

The game is great. They are fixing stuff. But how easy should it be?? Fix everything so says one.he/she isn't us all. Those of you want only a one hit done.
Easy hex/does/ macro.
Next is just look for the code. The dos (hex) is easy to read once you know where you are there. So cheat.

Now the rest of us enjoy the game. Do I go vegan, wild , or a viking. (for food and drink)

Do I go for the shadow, the Eli, or help a city or thieves?

Why is it there is one person who wants to rewrite the game. (If needed I'll teach you codes.) I don't have time to do it all but since Kings quest on ibm and Duke nukem on the rest it's still the same. Minus the Android stuff. Just do it yourself.

And no I don't want any shortcut in the game. Maybe at end game they reset you and you redo the game going against the shadow or what not
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: This is my why to the players

Post by Osho »

I think the game would benefit immensely with having a sort of cheat mechanism till the game is in development and isn't fully finished.

Like you mentioned about the hex editing stuff. It's not easy to do at all. It'd be great if someone creates a thread with the possibilities available to the players using a hex editor with step by step details and videos of the same.

I always find it enjoyable to mess around the combat statistics using the savegame editor or some sort of cheat codes.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Fully agree with cuchulainn.

Disagree with Osho.

Oh, and I have spend quite some time writing up a hex editor guide for Osho, too.
If he still does not get it, there is nothing I or we all can do more to help him. I was hoping it would satisfy him, and that his overpowerment requests die off. Nope. Did not help, and obviously he is still struggling, even though he has a very simple to follow step by step guide for hex editing. Which, btw, I never used for this game, as it is great, mostly balanced and there is no need for cheating.

That said: maybe one cheatcode should be included. One that will ensure all unbalancing in the game is solved in one go. Deleting the game, including the saves, and putting a protection on the drive preventing reinstall. Cheatcode: uninstall

Again, a code that I would never use :-)
Last edited by rijackson741 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Toned the language down a little.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

The "living with the consequences" theme to me implies no cheat codes.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
CKork

Post by CKork »

Tomcat wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 pm The "living with the consequences" theme to me implies no cheat codes.
Alternatively: extreme consequences. Like, when any code is used, swarm the map with ever stronger feyguard npc's, which will ultimately nail you down and prevent you to go much further than the bed you wake up in after dieing, again and again :lol:

Could be misused for inofficoal feyguard kill highscore battles, though :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Hint: It's an open source game.

If you want cheat codes you could write them, but guess what. For the most part you don't have to! They already exist. We use them during testing. Want 10 of everything? No problem! Another 500HP? No problem! You just need to edit a few lines of code and recompile the game to an apk. We will never make such an apk public though.

If you get that far, it's easy to add those shortcuts you want. Walk around the back of the house in Crossglen and appear in Remgard? Very easy to set that up (trivial, in fact).

Just don't expect us to do this and make it public.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Post by roberto »

Osho wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:02 am I think the game would benefit immensely with having a sort of cheat mechanism till the game is in development and isn't fully finished.

Like you mentioned about the hex editing stuff. It's not easy to do at all. It'd be great if someone creates a thread with the possibilities available to the players using a hex editor with step by step details and videos of the same.

I always find it enjoyable to mess around the combat statistics using the savegame editor or some sort of cheat codes.
I cheat my game.
level: 356
attack: 932
damage: 91-134
defence: 343