v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Axe and Pickaxe (Shortcut Ideas)

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Axe and Pickaxe (Shortcut Ideas)

Post by Tomcat »

In the case of Remgard, I think that part of why it feels so long is that currently there is little to do on the path back and forth but fight your way through each time, as you focus on those few quests that involve Remgard. We've all kind of gotten used to doing quests in groups by area, because that's how the major increases in content tend to be released.

Once we have other places to go along the way - note the signs for Brimhaven and Brightport, and a few dead ends that could turn into new areas someday - then it will feel more natural to wander long distances, stopping to do another bit of a quest or explore a new area. Instead of just "I just talked with Unzel's buddy. Now I have to go all the way back past Fallhaven, talk with Unzel again, and then turn right back around and go all the way back to Remgard to finish it up", etc.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Axe and Pickaxe (Shortcut Ideas)

Post by sdevaney »

Yeah exactly. For example there is a whole lake and mansion area that has at least some maps done that are planned for that area in between. I think it was Ian who came up with that area so it would need a new project lead to get going again.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Axe and Pickaxe

Post by Grim Reaper »

Antison wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:39 pm I have thought about one to Remgard, but I would force it to be late game by making you hire a team of bridge engineers, for, say, 75,000gp. :twisted:
this sounds great! you can even include resources such as wood (should be buyable for X amount from woodworkers either at Fallhaven or left of Loneford and farmable stones (finally some use of those useless stones that is being discussed on the other post), in case building a house at end game turns as reallity you will have half work done already
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves