v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Bug report in v0.7.11

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
blueblack_star
android_version: 5.0

Re: Bug report in v0.7.11

Post by blueblack_star »

Hi guys, want to know if this is bug or not, but I found it after play the new version.
1. I meet Burhczyd in Knight of Elythom armor in Villegard. He said that now he disguise as knight.
Screenshot_2020-06-11-22-23-59.jpg

And after that I'm going to Fallhaven. I meet again Burhczyd but in his old costumes and he runaway when seing my char.
Screenshot_2020-06-11-22-19-52.jpg

2. I know it should be not asking it in this forum but since I talk about young merchant here. I just want to know if in this version the quest "Young Merchant" is already finished or it's still have continued as "Lost Treasure" and "Search for Andor" quest?
Beside my question above, I really enjoy the new update that have been made so far. It really make me excited and thrilling me again to hunting new quest and new items. Thank you so much for the hard work that have been made by the dev team so far 😍😘
I'm really love it and enjoying it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Glad that you like the game 8-)
The second dialogue is a fix of a bug in last release.
If you started from the beginning now, you wouldn't see this encounter.
Nevertheless the merchant quest stays open in this release
Nut
Fala
android_version: 4.0

Post by Fala »

I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature of the "Much water" quest.
But after the dam in Brimhaven is destroyed, you CAN actually leave the village. You just have to enter the cave and get defeated by the snackes on purpose ... then you wake up e.g. in your own bed. I did this after receiving Alkapoan's letters and confronted everybody in Loneford with it. Nobody there seems to have (or give) a clue, so I assume it was not intended to go there. You can re-enter Brimhaven, but they won't let you out until "Much water" is completed.
BTW: Credit for this bug/feature goes to my 10 yr old son who found AT on my mobile and plays it with his younger brother. I haven't played much for years, but immediately got addicted again and started over with a new character. Veggie Fala has never had any bonemeal potion or meat, he just survives from bread and biscuits. Fair enough to bring a seasoned player to Remgard in the early 30 lvls.
Thanks to all of the AT team. You have created great and diverse content. And puzzeling quests. Graphics and special effects (darkness, rising water level, trickier enemies, etc ) got also better with each new release. I am just a little bit tired of fight my way to remote places like BWM, Charwood or Remgard over and over again. Maybe once the path has been cleared some of the monsters should vanish forever. Those who want to grind can always use the sideways.
Nut

Post by Nut »

Good catch - it is not intended, but in fact such escape by death can never be prevented. Luckily I had expected someone to 'find' this way of leaving and enabled re-enter. :)
Nut
Fala

Post by Fala »

Nut wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:56 pm Good catch - it is not intended, but in fact such escape by death can never be prevented. Luckily I had expected someone to 'find' this way of leaving and enabled re-enter. :)
Thanks for clarifiying. Some ideas com to my mind:
1. You could place an additional guard to block the stairs to the cave - which leaves only suicide by rotten meat or poison as a way out.
2. In another quest it was mandatory to have a rest before you could proceed. This would work here as well.
3. Is it possible to determine in which bed you awake, depending on the status of a quest. Like: As long as "Much Water" quest is open, you always wake up in the village's inn?
Nut

Post by Nut »

1. Yes, you can't be prevented to poison yourself. So it's not worth to put much work in trying to fence you anywhere.
2. E.g.in Fallhaven you are locked in a certain quest. I took care of that you could re-enter the city even if you have managed to escape by death.
3. Would be a good idea, but it's not possible. Neither we can control where you wake up, nor we know where you haave slept last.
Nut
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by QQkp »

Fala wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:04 am
1. You could place an additional guard to block the stairs to the cave - which leaves only suicide by rotten meat or poison as a way out.
2. In another quest it was mandatory to have a rest before you could proceed. This would work here as well.
3. Is it possible to determine in which bed you awake, depending on the status of a quest. Like: As long as "Much Water" quest is open, you always wake up in the village's inn?
Thieves guild spoiler:
In #2, I'm assuming you're talking about the end of "Immaculate Kidnapping"/start of "The ruthless Crackshot".

Amusingly, the mandatory rest in that quest is fake, and the exact same type of bug is present in that segment. The game attempts to prevent you from leaving Fallhaven at night, but you can kill yourself (ironically, using the convenient rotten meat that you find near Ambelie's cell moments beforehand, if you opt for the kidnapping) and death-warp out of Fallhaven.

When you do that, all four outdoor maps of Fallhaven are rendered as nighttime, although only the northwest one restricts you from entering buildings or leaving the map. The rest of the world is daytime as usual. Ambelie is already gone from her cell, if you try to visit - the Laumwill family's bank evidently supports same-day wire transfers...

Since the map thankfully allows you to re-enter, you can easily recover from the bug, so it's also not a serious issue, just like in "Much water".
Fala

Post by Fala »

Nut wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:54 am 3. Would be a good idea, but it's not possible. Neither we can control where you wake up, nor we know where you haave slept last.
Now I am surprised. The game knows where Fala was last night, but the devs don't? :shock:
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The game knows where you slept last, but that information is not available within the context of content creation (dialogues, NPCs, maps etc).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nikolaj
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Nikolaj »

I don't know, is it bug or not, but when i walked on Dulean Road from FoamFlask Tavern to Fallhaven, a five Feygard guards appeared and took all of my bonemeals (119 pcs).