New Brimhaven Content

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
betor
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

New Brimhaven Content

Post by betor »

Hello,

the new Brimhaven content seems to be quite different to the "old" gameplay of AT - not to the advantage of the game in my opinion.

There are quite useless quests such as
- "fair play" (obtain cards for no obvious reason)
- "much water" (destroy the dam)
- "work for debts" (repair the dam) for no rewards at all, also no progress in game anywhere)
- "honor your parents" (where Mikhail refuses to take the gift and asks for Andor - one more quest which obviously remains open until Andor appears sometime in far future)

and the quite disturbing quest
- "lessons learned" where you need to kill a teacher and a pupil - also again for no obvious reason in gameplay.

Then there are several parts of Brimhaven not accessible (in the church the stairs up and the ladder down, in the temple). If there are quests to open these regions then I couldn't find them, although talking to all people in Brimhaven in all variants.

Also there is no hint what to do e.g. with the necklage that is sold for more than 500.000 gold.

Seems this release is not very consistent yet?

Are the areas (in the church the stairs up and the ladder down, in the temple) accessible somehow? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Betor
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: New Brimhaven Content

Post by Nut »

The areas that you have mentioned are not in the game yet. About the school: you can kill the teacher, but you are not forced to do so. It's your decision - there are other ways to do the school task.
Nut
Banti
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Banti »

You can also
Kill the corner statue which is an evil
, in school quest.

I allowed myself to put your answer into spoiler tags (Nut)
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

In "honor your parents" whether Mikhael refuses the gift depends on what you do.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

betor wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 am Hello,

the new Brimhaven content seems to be quite different to the "old" gameplay of AT - not to the advantage of the game in my opinion.

There are quite useless quests such as
- "fair play" (obtain cards for no obvious reason)
- "much water" (destroy the dam)
- "work for debts" (repair the dam) for no rewards at all, also no progress in game anywhere)
- "honor your parents" (where Mikhail refuses to take the gift and asks for Andor - one more quest which obviously remains open until Andor appears sometime in far future)

and the quite disturbing quest
- "lessons learned" where you need to kill a teacher and a pupil - also again for no obvious reason in gameplay.

Then there are several parts of Brimhaven not accessible (in the church the stairs up and the ladder down, in the temple). If there are quests to open these regions then I couldn't find them, although talking to all people in Brimhaven in all variants.

Also there is no hint what to do e.g. with the necklage that is sold for more than 500.000 gold.

Seems this release is not very consistent yet?

Are the areas (in the church the stairs up and the ladder down, in the temple) accessible somehow? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Betor
Doing the honor your parents quest. There is a rule of life, when doing that quest that we are all taught growing up
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

You are correct about the quests and their disconnect to the greater world of Dhayaver and the search for Andor.
We are working on the Andor search.
The church and temple are also being worked on.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
betor

Post by betor »

Banti wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:37 am You can also
Kill the corner statue which is an evil
, in school quest.
IIRC I tried to attack the corner statue, but it wasn't possible, just a dialog appeared. So I tried to battle with the pupil, with the pupil being killed and quest being finished that way. I didn't like the outcome, so I reloaded the save game and this time I tried to battle with the teacher, but basically the same result.

My problem here is that a player does not expect a battle for life or dead in a classroom.

My char is very strong, killed the teacher or the pupil with the first stroke. Just in case something happens after the first stroke which does not kill the teacher/pupil yet, which maybe let you abort the battle - I couldn't see that.
betor

Post by betor »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm In "honor your parents" whether Mikhael refuses the gift depends on what you do.
Thanks for the info, do you have a little spoiler for that?
betor

Post by betor »

Antison wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:01 pm The church and temple are also being worked on.
Thanks for the info.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

betor wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:26 am ...
My char is very strong, killed the teacher or the pupil with the first stroke. Just in case something happens after the first stroke which does not kill the teacher/pupil yet, which maybe let you abort the battle - I couldn't see that.
You can start the fight but
instead of hit any stroke you always can flee
Nut