v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Richard Faila
VIP
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Page Andor's Trail Directory is complete

Post by Richard Faila »

Zukero wrote:I think you can make it this way :

- By default, show the current stable version.
- Add a top level option (ITEMS - NPC - [...] - MAP - VERSIONS)
- On the version page, we can select past and current stable versions,
- and eventually a recent dev (alpha) version (more work for you).
- If we select something else than current stable version, we are redirected to http://[your site]/[version number]/index.html or whatever way you do it server-side.

One usage for past versions could be to see how much AT evolves from version to version (you'll become the historian of the AT world !). Or for users having older versions that do not wish do update AT (or can't, or maybe just not yet because they want to do something before).

Edit : Or you can start ignoring me right now ! I'm a feature-freak :twisted: ! You'll end up having a larger database than eBay if you keep listening to me ! AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh. :o
Hmmm.... I see the point and understand that can be useful. But right now I would like to solve all bugs and work out all the features of actual version. When new version arrived I definitely keen 0.7 version, but now I don't feel like do 0.6.12 or 0.6.11.

But who know, it could be good training to migration of new version, so you still have hope. And don't worry, I can handle big databases very well :twisted:
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Richard Faila wrote:And don't worry, I can handle big databases very well :twisted:
Lol, I smell a DBA here :lol:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
merrill77
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by merrill77 »

Wow - this is fantastic!!! I typically only get a few minutes to play each day and have a terrible memory...I can never remember where somebody was and hate wasting time wandering aimlessly for them. Now I can find them :)

Thanks!
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

Well the idea of having older version on my page is probably not going to work. At least in versions before 0.7. I give it some time and at first look it seems to OK, but then I stumble on problem with old resource format. That stuff must be the most user unfriendly thing I ever saw :D.

I cannot find easy way to load it into some data structure, so only way I can thing of is write my own parset. And that is something witch will take more time then I currently have.

I put the old-version-idea on ice for now and if I have some time, I reopen the whole case.
Last edited by Richard Faila on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Post by cccd3cpt »

Added link to the awesome website to the Blackberry project website! :) http://andorstrail.github.io/andors-trail-blackberry
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Post by Spark »

Great work!
Was extremely useful for me as for novice.

If you accept suggestions I would suggest to draw columns. Sometimes it is hard to guess to which column number responds.
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I too have a suggestion. While trying to compare numbers on the monsters I realized that there doesn't appear to be a way to sort ALL monsters. In other words, if I want to look at which monster provides the most XP I currently have to sort every section and then compare the highest value from each section. It would be great if you had the option to split into sections like it is now or to merge all monsters into one table (same thing for equipment, consumables, NPCs, etc.). Thanks!
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sherfox
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sherfox »

I haven't read the whole thread but how about adding 1handed or 2handed to the weapons?
Would be good imo.
Lvl44 XP1.596.357 Gold15094 HP105 AP3/12 AC252% AD30-47 BC124% DR5
IF3 CS2 EV1 BS1 D1 OHSP2 HAP1 FS:DW2

working on taunt.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

He does list category for weapons which includes that information but I think you may mean adding the ability to separate out all 2-Hand items for sorting which I would agree would be a nice feature as well.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

fiernaq wrote:I too have a suggestion. While trying to compare numbers on the monsters I realized that there doesn't appear to be a way to sort ALL monsters. In other words, if I want to look at which monster provides the most XP I currently have to sort every section and then compare the highest value from each section. It would be great if you had the option to split into sections like it is now or to merge all monsters into one table (same thing for equipment, consumables, NPCs, etc.). Thanks!
The sections in monsters (and equipment) are there for two main reason. Most of people will thing, that was mainly design decision, but I did that mainly because of performance. Monster list is ridiculously big and even now it take same time for javascript to "bring table to live". If it will be just one big table, it will be something not really user friendly. I try it ones, but the interesting stuff (ordering) take that much time, it will make the whole thing useless.

Design is important too, not in monster list, but in equipment I carefully choose witch columns show in every section. For example in Necklace is useless tho show AC or Dmg, because no necklace change that stat anyway. The whole necklace table can have smaller width and it look much better, because there is lesser empty space.

I agree, that some "ultimate ordering and search" will be great. Maybe I try to make something out, that will work.