v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
michi12
android_version: 4.2

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by michi12 »

Perhaps Im too stupid to calculate the gold in the riught way?!
In one savegame I have 1721 gold. This amount, which is written quite at the beginning of the savegame is not to be found anywhere else in game. Am I thinking wrong or isn´t that the right way??? I)f I change my gold amount it changes only the amount written on the savegame, not in the gameplay.

I give the answer myself: Too stupid ;-) Of course it works. There was a mistake in thinking on my side. Sorry for the rpoblems I made and thank you for the time you spent to explain nerds how to cheat ;-) Now I can play a little bit on my own. Thanks a lot
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The number at the beginning of the file is part of a character string. It's what you see when you go to load a game. Because it's part of a character string it's stored as an ASCII representation of the number. The number that controls how much gold you have is stored in hexadecimal format further down in the file. Decimal 1721 is equal to hexadecimal 6b9, so that's what you should search for. Change that to fff, and save the file. When you load the game and go to the items page you should see 4095 gold.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Creeper0629
android_version: 2.2

Post by Creeper0629 »

abhishek wrote:I agree, if someones intention is cheating only there are many other ways...just by editing the saved games file...you can not call any one cheater...
I also agree.I personally have beat this game a thousand times the good old fashioned way.and as there is no hope of a completed map,who really gives a damn if somebody does hack this game for entertainment? Root your fone and have at it.not like its going to matter anyway as this game seems to never get finished.its been five years for crying out loud.at least save file editing can produce some interesting results.I have hex editer but it seems to much of a pain to learn how to use.I have tryed editing the save file with my pc with no luck.I used a rooted emulater and hack tool to hack xp to test difrant setups,and as a result I learned how to best build my guy to best fit my style.I used this only to test skill combinations.its nothing for me to beat this game in a day,getting my new guy to lv 45.so personally if your that strict about cheating then get a funny t shirt and go home.you can't tell me you never used a cheat code on ps1 or x box.your a liar if you do.

Edit: merged double posts

You people are liars.sorry.I'm not trying to be foul.you seriously can't tell me you never used a cheat code for ps1 or x box.if you have ever rooted a fone then you cheated Android or apple.and I bet a few of you cheated on your spouse at least once.all I'm saying is be real people.as far as takeing the fun out of this game,I say that's already been done with a five year lapse in completing this game.I get from lv 0 to 45 and beat the game in one day.the old fashion way.if I edit a file its to test skill poit layouts on difrant files to see what I like best.and that's on my laptop not the phone I play this game on.its not even all that serious people.the game Wong ever get finished so who cares in the first place.just answer the stupid question or don't talk at all
Last edited by Zukero on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No swear words please. family friendly forum. No double posting either. Edit your own post to add more stuff.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Why all the hate ???

Some cheat, some help others do it, some refuse to do it, and some argue about it. I'm OK with all of them. As long as it's a sane argument, and not insults.

The rationale in here is the following: it's a single player game, so cheat all you want, but don't go bragging about your character or your gear if you had it by cheating.

If you're such an expert with the game, great ! Help out noobs that come here for help. Help us identify inconsistencies in the current and future content. Help us create content for a future version.

Trolling is not a desired attitude here. All forms of good will are highly appreciated.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Creeper0629

Post by Creeper0629 »

Samuel wrote:As the source code of the game is free, there should be definitively a way to manipulate the savegames.

But as I don't like cheating very much I wont help you. ;-)
It would take away the fun from the game, when you could effort everything and kill any monster instantly.
Dude we all can do that now any way as nobody can finish this little tiny game.get a funny t shirt and go home if you can't handle a little gamer hack talk.may as well have fun hacking this game all to prices as we will never be able to actually finish it.I useualy beat this in a day.bell I get to level 45 in a day at this point.and news flash kid,some people tweek games to plan level ups ahead of time.example,I use a pos emulator on my pc that's rooted to hack exp to see what the best character builds will be.then play normally on my normal device.what a dope."that's cheating I won't help you"what are you?three?this is the stupidity of man that drives me into blind rages.sick of this crap on forums.a guy asked a simple question.you should be able to answer it or shut the f up.

Edit: merged double multi posts

Wow.it realy is no small wonder as to how a simple game can't be finished in five years.this whole forum is full of bickering kids.if somebody asked a question,either give an educated answer or be quiet.look at all the wasted space on this thread alown,debateing if this is cheating and your cheating I won't help you and all this garbage.its to the point you can't find the answers if they where here because of the useless garbage spewed by even more useless beings.this is pathetic.and this topic got off topic so bad I can't see strieght.over what?who gives a damn if the guy wants to cheat?its not affecting you,its not realy accomplishing anything as this game is probibly dead at this point.I say knock your self out.root your fone,get a hack tool and level up like crazy .now altering weapons would be a nice hack to discuss if people could put on some grown up panties long enough to do so.I'm sick of the way the weapons are designed and its sad a balanced steel sword beats Xul'viir.ass backwards if you ask me.but you all will complain about how that's cheating even though technically it's improving the broken game so I won't bother bringing it up

Edit: another post

And it's mainly just frustration of people not answering the questions asked that irks me.I'm realy not trying to be hatefull.but this bogs down forums to no end.needs to stop.
That out of the way I want to ask one simple question.why is the game not being finished?ideas,I got tons of them.I'm not a software writer but I have played these kind of games for years.pretty much a dnd vet.I could tell you all the hang ups in what's done so far,where its weak and how to fix it.I could even write a few quests and submit them for consideration.I cand disign some kool items and gear to spice things up and monsters that would blow your mind away.I'm sure people around the globe have been offering to help so again I come back to my first question, what's the hang up?I have to be honest I'm ready to delete the game if we dont get something soon.I like it but its horrible to have a game you can't finish.the map is so small it realy does get pointless to play past level 50.this is honest feedback not criticism. And it has been five years.so lets get crackin and finish this thing.if y'all realy need help I will help and I am certain so will half the globe.

Edit: yet another post

Don't take me for a rude person I just have some things that irritate me.we have a BIG problem on our hand.how to finish this project.and yet we use our time arguing about gameing ethics.this is why nothing is finished.its more senceible to focus on the game and how to fix what's here.it will die if we don't.

Edit: again...

I would help if I knew it would do any good.this game needs some massive upgrades and fast.more importantly it needs at least a complete open map at least.even if the quests and story line are put off open the map.I'm mad because of the complete lack of progress or response to ideas and feedback.it took me lighting up a few people on this thread to get a response.its actually alive in here.amazing.but you can't respond to a few hundred emails.edit that

Edit: and again...
michi12 wrote:Hi rijackson. Thanks for explaining. This leeds me to the question if you ever done that editing on a andorstrail-savegame. I tried severel methods, but the gold etc. is not written in the savegame like you explained and I trried before. There must be some encryption in the savegame. So hex-editing will not work. I also tried to compare two savegames, but it also does not work. Thanks anyway!
Michi
One thing I'm dealing with is how to get a save game file from one device sent to another and have it work.this is like the only game I have had trouble with.the droid I'm useing now is almost as old as this game and I'm afraid it won't last long.rather than start over on a new device I'd like to send my old save file to my new device.any help here would be great.and to all who are itching to yell cheater on that, its actually not cheating.several gaves have a method of doing just what I'm asking .never knew how sensitive talking bout save files can be lol.

Edit: and again.
Zukero wrote:Why all the hate ???

Some cheat, some help others do it, some refuse to do it, and some argue about it. I'm OK with all of them. As long as it's a sane argument, and not insults.

The rationale in here is the following: it's a single player game, so cheat all you want, but don't go bragging about your character or your gear if you had it by cheating.

If you're such an expert with the game, great ! Help out noobs that come here for help. Help us identify inconsistencies in the current and future content. Help us create content for a future version.

Trolling is not a desired attitude here. All forms of good will are highly appreciated.
you want an idea?I'll give you one.one that's reasonable.give me a user friendly app that lets me create items weapons and monsters and put them into my game.an app that I don't have to have a PhD in software development to use.this will let me use my creativity and give me a reason to keep playing.it will also let me constantly beef up the difficulty so I can allways push my character to its limits. This way I'm not waiting six months to level up.I also will allways have a way to add more diverse enemies to battle.I'm a vet it dungeons and dragons and I'm realy good at this sort of thing.this you can create in a short time.its basicly a simple version of the content Editor.just modify it so we can put what we make in our own game.I feel its the least that can be done to keep this thing alive.also I feel that we need to make more use of the items we already can gain playing.add sockets to weapons and armor and attributes to gems to add to weapons and armor.an old concept but I love it.it offers more individualized options for woepon and armor mods.also we have enough stuff to be able to make our own potions to do custom things.add a potion skill and incorporate potion success rates and an item we would need to make potions.and a recipie book.this would be similer to marrowwind elder scrolls but its a sound concept.these potions could be either used or sold.that's two in game ideas that would take this to the next level.simple update to add this.my next idea would be to beef up the graphics and add an option to modified how our character looks.also animate battles. Throw in some kool effects.sound would be nice.epica puts out some fitting music for this.last two ideas not critical just thoughts.rest of the above mentioned I'm serious about.you could rap that out in a month or two.maby sooner.small update and a modified app.creeper0629@gmail.com is my email.feel free to get with me on this.I'll help you with content all day long.quests are no biggie to me as I did that in d&d for years.weapons and armor is ditto.monsters,boy I got a ton of them.all I need is a translator,I'm no software geek.I can't even root my phone.if you guys are serious bout this game I'll jump on board. For free.
I got all the time in the world.I could work on this round the clock.I'd do it for fun.d&d habits die hard.that's all we did was create npc's dungeons,quests,weapons,monsters,story lines,spells,and everything else.and the combat system is similar and everything in my old files can be modified to apply.by the way I am mad as a hornet about Xul'viir.that was bs.the story line juiced up that sword and when I get it it totally blows.I realy like this swords story line and I'd like to make it live up to this story line.this is where that app comes in.just work on the app I asked for and the two in game changes I mentioned,potion creating and sockets in equipment. Email me and I'll help as much as you need me to.
Last edited by Zukero on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. removed bad words. Almost wanted to wrap it up in spoiler tags.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Creeper0629 wrote:One thing I'm dealing with is how to get a save game file from one device sent to another and have it work.
Copy it from one device to the other.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Creeper0629

Post by Creeper0629 »

When I do it wont load in game.file is on my fone and in the right format I believe but won't show up in the load screen.is there something I'm missing?
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

In the andors-trail folder there are files with names savegame1, savegame2, etc. You can just copy those files to the same location on another device. As long as you have the same version of AT on both devices any moved files should load fine. I've done it many times between my phone and my tablet, as well as from an old phone to a new phone.
Creeper0629

Post by Creeper0629 »

Hmmm.this is odd.I see the save game in the correct file in my file explorer. It is the same version,downloaded from Google play.maby its my fone.idk.this whole thing is starting to get frustrating.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Make sure the full path is like /sdcard/andors-trail/savegame1
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2