Getting too difficult for me ...

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Dan_W_58
android_version: 8.0

Re: Getting too difficult for me ...

Post by Dan_W_58 »

I just did it again; forgot to save in the lasr 3 hours, then died.
I mean, I'm sure some people will adamantly disagree about auto-save; but I I think I'm going to uninstall this game; I'm too frustrated.
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

Too much frustration. I think I'm going to uninstall.
jeromey67
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by jeromey67 »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:15 am I just did it again; forgot to save in the lasr 3 hours, then died.
I mean, I'm sure some people will adamantly disagree about auto-save; but I I think I'm going to uninstall this game; I'm too frustrated.
Kill many puppies to get many meats then sell it to buy better armors and weapon
Khristine MayUnarmed fighting Unarmored fighting
Lvl: 65
Exp:5023794
AP:12
AC:289
BC:134
AD:20-28
Crit hit Skill:22
RoLS:2 Gow:1 ElyR:1 GoLF:1 BD:1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

There isn't any way to play the game that will fix someone not saving for three hours, and then getting killed. But we have never had anyone else complain about this, so we are not going to implement some new autosave system. It would require some fundamental changes to the savegame setup (like, where would we autosave to? The last savegame? a new savegame every time? Either of those will upset plenty of players).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:15 am I just did it again; forgot to save in the lasr 3 hours, then died.
Install a timer app on your phone. Set it to ping you every X minutes to save.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CKork

Post by CKork »

Never had issues with that.

The trend is in the other direction as well. We have permadeath and limited amount of saves players.(hardcore modes...) Don`t see how an autosave fits in.

Also, if you frequently spend your XP and play regularily, diing isn`t bad and there is hardly any drawback. Therefore again no need to autosave.

As said before, the game does remember where you left off. No progress is lost. This is more or less a very strong autosave function in that sense.

In any other cases, saves have a very individual character (like keeping a save before you make a quest decision or invest in a skill to try it out and revert back, ...), but never really necessary.

If you have your own personal needs for a save, I`d suggest an individual solution implemented and maintained by yourself as well and to let Developers focus on the important topics that most players look forward to and profit from.

Therefore: +1 to rijacksons proposal of reminder/timer
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

BUILD UP BLOCK CHANCE.
BUILD UP DAMAGE RESISTANCE.
SLOW DOWN IN BATTLES &
USE THE "FLEE" BUTTON.
GET BETTER ARMOR.

if you feel the need to uninstall, that's ok - it's a totally free game..no harm, no foul.

I hope you don't, tho..
One more hint..

SAVE YOUR GAME OFTEN. (I know you can't, but you can.)
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock:
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

Yes, when I was young I played a perma-death game that was called TFX (tactical fighter experiment), flight simulation and combat. Graphics were crude; the game was for DOS, it was before DirectX, before Doom, but the flight dynamics, weapons, sensors, even AI were ultra-realistic. And so perma-death was consistent with the over-all realism. Most missions took an hour or two to complete. Some, involving in-the-air refueling, took half a day flying time. No time compression. And as boring as those flight times might sound, you were actually soaking in adrenaline, checking systems, reviewing the mission parameters, imagining possible scenarios at the target area. I remember that as the best game ever.

An RPG, on the other hand, is is not the kind of game that appeals to players on the basis of realism. Perma-death would be an inconsistent feature in an RPG. Here we are captured by fantasy; NOT by realism. Even having to remember to save is inconsistent, if not downright ANATHEMA, to the very appeal of the game, which is its power to take your mind away from the real world, and into the game's world.

So, I disagree.

As for WHERE to save the save game, that's easy: to a file called "autosave", perhaps slot 0, if you prefer numbers.
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm An RPG, on the other hand, is is not the kind of game that appeals to players on the basis of realism. Perma-death would be an inconsistent feature in an RPG. Here we are captured by fantasy; NOT by realism. Even having to remember to save is inconsistent, if not downright ANATHEMA, to the very appeal of the game, which is its power to take your mind away from the real world, and into the games's world.
1. Perma-death was implemented for players who wanted a challenge. As you can imagine, for people who've been playing for a decent amount of time want something to shake the game up a bit. It is NOT the classic gamemode.
2. While yes, there is a slight lack of missions in the earlier levels. The decision of where to go and how to get there is completely up to the player.
3. Death carries a severe penalty for two reasons. One, if your like me you'll use that to exploit the game (teleportaton with ease) . And two, it's to tell the player to try not to die. Find a way around the obstacle, grind until you level up and become better, or go somewhere else. Its a good possibility that if you cant beat the goons defending the boss you're going to be slaughtered fighting the boss. (As a side note, there is a skill which will reduce the xp you lose when you die. After 4 or 5 points, you dont lose any.)
3. With game immersion I'm not going to lie and say it's mindblowingly engaging. And that's not because of the save system. The game is based around the players freedom. As I have said before, you can go anywhere, and do anything (within reason) and the freedom also extends to the ability to stop in the middle of a getting a prison warden drunk and going of to the other side of the map and kill innnocent sheep. The game sacrifices game immersion for freedom. This is the game's fundamental, freedom. Freedom to move, choose, and kill. You are making your own story. (To the game's credit, there are engaging stories. Gunymart Castle is one of the best in my opinion)
4. I don't see anything 'wrong' with autosave per say, but it would drastically reduce the difficulty of the game (as well as remove half the purpose of beds). In my opinion it's unnecessary.

In closing I'm not going to say that this is a perfect game. As the developers said - "Andor's Trail is a work in progress, and while there is a lot of content to play, the game isn't completed." If you don't like the game or the style of it, fine. I hope you find something that does. But please, dont leave rubbish reviews on what makes the game what it was intended to be. Anyways thanks for your suggestions and feedback 8-) . Hope you have a great day!
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

It was a good reply until suddenly it turned to hate at the end. I have no idea what you mean by "don't leave rubbish reviews on what makes the game what it was intended to be". Where would I go to leave a "rubbish review"? If you are talking about social media, I'm not on any of it and never will be.

If I sounded frustrated in my post, it's because I was. Losing hours of gameplay is NOT fun; believe me. But I wasn't threatening anybody with using reviews as a weapon.

Anyways, I'm getting better at saving. I still disagree. Having to remember to save the game doesn't make it more fun.