v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Getting too difficult for me ...

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Dan_W_58
android_version: 8.0

Getting too difficult for me ...

Post by Dan_W_58 »

I look at other postings and everybody seems to be way ahead of me.
Got the best long sword, best shield, best two rings, boots and gloves, and I'm getting good at killing rats, but going into that excavation leading to caves, the last guy you have to fight seems utterly impossible.
Gave up, went North, some goy threw a book into the trees. There's a green snail that sends me back to the church every time. Then I have to spend an hour killing rats to be able to buy health drinks; but then the same thing happens again ....
Getting beyond frustrated...
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Getting too difficult for me ...

Post by JonLin »

Post a pic of your stats and list your equipment.
It can take a lot of dead rats and puppies to save money and to get to a decent lvl.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

I don't know how to take screenshots on a phone.
I got to another town to the West; now I have a hat, a better shirt, cool boots. But I'm still reincarnating...
Attack chance : 123
Attack damage : 4-12
Critical hit skill : 5
Block chance : 14
Completed quests : 5
Places visited :46
Times fallen unconscious : 30
Gold spent : 6455
Items used : 44

Is there any way to retreat from a fight?
dangoz
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by dangoz »

I may advice you to spend all your level up points to blocking for a real long time. You get every possible hit from everything with that 14 block chance.

If you don't have any Damage Resistance. Just 1 point of damage resistance can also make things easier.

Also...
don't sleep on increased fortitude skill. Because it is not retroactive
Other than that, cut some monsters, sleep, cut again. Repeat. Grinding is boring but necessary.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Dan_W_58 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 am I look at other postings and everybody seems to be way ahead of me.

Got the best long sword, best shield, best two rings, boots and gloves, and I'm getting good at killing rats, but going into that excavation leading to caves, the last guy you have to fight seems utterly impossible.

Gave up, went North, some goy threw a book into the trees. There's a green snail that sends me back to the church every time. Then I have to spend an hour killing rats to be able to buy health drinks; but then the same thing happens again ....
Getting beyond frustrated...
Maybe they've been playing longer.

I doubt that very much, possibly the best you can find at the moment though.

I think you mean Larval Burrower, they can be tough at low levels.

The game is not meant to be over in ten minutes, stick to puppies and snakes for now, sell the meat to buy better equipment.

Lots of info here that also applies if you're not *dual wielding*, (which you won't be yet). https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4583
Last edited by Schmmiiirc on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See the puppies scatter.
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

Upper right corner of screen, "FLEE" button will allow you to retreat from a fight.

If you are about to battle a foe who will possibly kill you, you can save your game before battle. If you die, just reload your saved game & try again. This method will save you from having to keep traveling back to your foe.

Don't get discouraged.. try killing puppies, selling their meat will get you more gold than rats..bread is also a cost effective way to stay alive.
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock:
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

From Crossglen, you are best off going east to begin with.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

Thanks all for your help.
I'm level 17 now, presently at Vilegard.
I want to say this, though it probably has been said before... This game ABSOLUTELY needs auto-save.
I just cannot remember to save.
I simply cannot.
I waste hours of gameplay. Every time i die i have to either take the HUGE penalty, or I have to reload the last save, from hours earlier...
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The game does autosave, in the sense that your current game status is saved internally. So if you exit the game, you can continue where you left off. IMO, autosave in the sense you are asking for makes little sense. You can have as many save slots as you want (in normal play mode, anyway). Just save whenever you have done something significant. Or (especially) before you tackle some boss or other hard monster.

At level 17 you are early/mid game. Still lot's to do :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Dan_W_58

Post by Dan_W_58 »

Well, you're basically telling me to remember to ssve, but I already said I can't. I get immersed in the game. Saving is something snathema to immersion.I'd have to set up a device that every 5 min reminds me to save... Would be much easier if the game itself did it.
Anyways I'm exhausted with Flows Through The Veins quest. Can't go on walking and tslking to everybofy in Lonefod for the 17th time; I need the spoiler, please.