The yatagan

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Darkfear
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

The yatagan

Post by Darkfear »

Hello this is my first post here! Great game and I drove myself insane but I finally got my first and only rols that I'll ever try for.

Just wanted to ask also: Is it me or why is there zero mention of this weapon? The stats are ridiculously off the charts compared to balanced steel sword except for the extra 1 AP. Is one more attack that much more important than the extra damage and crit accorded by the yatagan?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: The yatagan

Post by Antison »

That weapon was just introduced as part of the last update which only includes starter quests in Fallhaven, people that have gained this weapon better options in their inventory and as such have never really seriously considered using it.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Darkfear
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Darkfear »

Hey antison, thanks for the reply! I was wondering in terms of swords what were better for DPS output? I mean utility maybe ROL outweighs slightly for lifesteal but that's it? I was looking at the Andor trail database, granted it's quite outdated but I don't see where there are better swords for crit builds? Maybe balanced steel sword is good for anti crit creep, but yatagan seems op with 4-12 damage
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

ROL + Sharp steel rapier
Or two Blackwater steel swords
Are the dual wield weapons I chose to use.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
zork
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by zork »

This is my second run searching for Andor. The Yatagan is OP, especially for early-mid game. Easily accessible around lvl 24.

Crackshot's den is tough, but easily handled in 2-3 attempts.
  • The song I sing
    Will tell the tale
    of a cold and wintery day
  • Of castle walls
    And torchlit halls
    And a price men had to pay
  • When evil fled
    And brave men bled
    The Dark one came to stay
  • Til men of old
    For blood and gold
    Had rescued Skara Brae
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello zork, and welcome to the forums
zork wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 pm The Yatagan is OP, especially for early-mid game. Easily accessible around lvl 24.
I would not disagree, but this is a problem that extends beyond one weapon. Too many of the best weapons are available very early, and higher attack cost weapons are all but useless. We have a working project to fix these problems.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 am Hello zork, and welcome to the forums
zork wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 pm The Yatagan is OP, especially for early-mid game. Easily accessible around lvl 24.
I would not disagree, but this is a problem that extends beyond one weapon. Too many of the best weapons are available very early, and higher attack cost weapons are all but useless. We have a working project to fix these problems.
Noo I'm making a list of everything and that would throw me off lol.
All good though
But there are so many other weapons you could use with the class fighter you wish to use. Just takes a tad to grind but if you do Loneford and a few other areas early you can get the levels and gold to do so.
And I use lifetaker now. But then I'm at a high level. I was thinking of making a young kid char. Where I can only use cloth/silk and no heavy weapons and no potions, no Mead, (unless it's quest related)
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
zork
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by zork »

No disrespect intended, nor did I intend to suggest that the Yatagan was the BEST weapon. Just meant that it's a decent sword to use early-mid game until u get a better weapon and decide ur build.

I finished all the quests my first go around a couple years ago with a two handed sword. Maybe my original build wouldn't be viable anymore? --no matter, it's about the quest.

If the Yatagan IS the BEST weapon, then that's another problem altogether. I'm an old school gamer. None of the early games I played were forgiving. Had to work my butt off to solve a quest or find the trap door that would unlock a legendary item. Item's should unlock incrementally. A mediocre task shouldn't unlock a great weapon.
  • The song I sing
    Will tell the tale
    of a cold and wintery day
  • Of castle walls
    And torchlit halls
    And a price men had to pay
  • When evil fled
    And brave men bled
    The Dark one came to stay
  • Til men of old
    For blood and gold
    Had rescued Skara Brae
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Never take that as is. But what you get from the chest I see it stonger. Idk I may play with it and see
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach