v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

No rest for the guilty

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: No rest for the guilty

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

But my next go through, there is a way to not kill them yet says you did
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Anything where the quest log can be fooled is a bug. Please post your list of those in the Bugs section so they can be fixed.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Lich King
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Lich King »

If I kill Tiqui and tell Aulowenn, then her reward is that I can rest on her bed. But if I kill Aulowenn I'm told that I'm not allowed to rest at that place. I find it rather illogical, becouse who forbids me to rest there, now that the owner is dead? Her ghost?
It should be modified so that I can rest there if I kill Aulowenn too. Also to think that she is guarding a supply depot and after her death all that stuff is left unguarded, some loot would be apropriate there other then her personal belongings. And maybe she could trade with you if you kill Tiqui for her. It's a supply depot after all!

Also, as I've read here, for now there are no future consequences of wich side you choose. IMHO if this changes in some later update, helping Aulowenn should boost your standing with Feygard (becouse she can tell it to reinforcements), but killing her should not hurt it, becouse no one is there to tell.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Did you talk to
Tiqui after you have killed her? Then you should be able to use her bed. Probably you don't want to use her bed before, because you're unsure if someone kills you
Nut
Lich King

Post by Lich King »

Oh nevermind, I forgot to go back to Tiqui.

Btw, if I choose not to kill both, I think it's better to side with Aulowenn, becouse her sword is worse than the Yatagan, but Tiqui's hammer is brutal.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

We obviously have different views on weapons :D The Gleaming Claymore of Ruin has very high AC and can inflict some really useful actor conditions on you or you enemy. It has decent crits too. Yatagan is a good weapon, but without the conditions IMO it's not as good as GCoR. Of course, they are not entirely comparable, because GCoR is two handed. I've never thought very much of Olwyn's curse. It has a very high damage modifier, but that's because you can never get more than one hit per round with it, and it really doesn't have any other redeeming features.

Be very careful about sleeping in that bed. There is no access to food or health potions, so you can get trapped there. The last bed I sleep in is always one where I can "teleport by death" to some safe haven.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The GCoR is a GREAT weapon for a defensive minded player. It boosts your AC by 35, and if you have focused your level-ups on BC, then this helps balance you. Now add the 30% of Dazed lowering your opponent's BC by 40, that it's really nice for a player that's focused on defense.

In fact, when this item was first added I created a brand new character build around it.

On a side note, I've never considered using the Yatagan, so I guess Jackson is right, we do have different opinions on weapons than Lich King does
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lich King

Post by Lich King »

Olwyn's curse made me reconsider my view on high AP cost weapons. Or I could say it is the only good high AP cost weapon I've found so far. Altrough when I obtained it I had to keep using my old weapon becouse I suffered more damage with it from the Zortak soldiers. That's becouse it has relatively low AC and a very painful BC and DR penality so I had hit them less and they had hit me more. But when I managed to significantly raise both my AC and BC, it became very useful. With it's insane damage output I can one hit most enemies, two hit the rest. It has no crit, but basically every hit is a crit. I killed Allacephs with one hit. Those larvae with some 13 DR on the way to Remgard? No match for the OC. And I get to keep my shield wich makes the BC and DR penality slightly less painful.

The GCoR on the other hand has high BC, DR and HP penality, and on the top of that, two handed so you even lose your shield, so your BC suffers even more. I have a shield with 15 BC, so equipping this means a 22 BC loss. And 3 DR loss becouse the shield also gives 2 DR. And for what? A slight increas in AC? A negligable chance to give a minor inconvinience to the enemies? (Yes, I'm talking about those actor conditions.)

The Yatagan is good becouse it both has a relatively high damage and a high crit rate, costs 5 AP while most broadswords cost 6, and also one handed. The damage multiplier is not great, but most 5 AP weapons have similar.

Focusing your level-ups on BC is a poor strategy IMHO. It only gives 3 points wich makes a barely noticable difference. It worths a lot more to invest into AC, for several resons. For example becouse most of your BC comes from the equipment and the wast majority of defensive gear comes with AC penality, so you have to compensate for those. Also no matter how high your BC, enemies still manage to hit you ocasionally and so it's worth more if you can hit them more often and kill them more quickly before they have much chance hitting you back. This is particularly noticable with high BC - low AC enemies: you will both have trouble hitting eachother, but they will land a few blows before you could kill them, and in a one vs many scenario every minor damage suffered counts.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I have about 15 different build types. So I can say to you that a heavily focused BC is not "a poor strategy". It's just different. It also lends itself nicely to getting the Taunt skill! Which is really fun to have.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Psylint
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Psylint »

I just decided to also kill them both Lol
Combat stats(current) LVL:32 HP:60 AC,:201 AD:17-20. CS:57 CM:4.5 CC:28% BC59 DR:7m