v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Grinding at higher levels

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Wolfdragon 99
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Grinding at higher levels

Post by Wolfdragon 99 »

Just found another grinding spot in the revenant caves found in East loneford area after getting just the beginning quest rolling where you get his talisman, just make sure to complete charwood area quests if you haven't already
Andihagi

Post by Andihagi »

I watched my clock while running a few places over and over again and want to share my expirience with you....
I tried to use the annihilator whenever possible. It reduces Defense and AC in general but I started to realize running places where I am able to mow through are still a lot faster with this setup instead of my Dual wield setup in places where i can gain more exp per monster but have slower killspeed.
Using the annihilator becomes viable at around level 50 in my opinion.

Expirience values are measured at full speed fighting, no getting there, waiting etc included.

Level 35 and higher...
Iqhan cave
It provides me about 6000 exp every minute.
Pro: A lot of gold can be earned too by selling the drops
Downside: you have to wait 3 minutes once your done to reload the enemies. High damage output (annihilator) required to strike down the arurlirs and maonit brutes

Way to remgard

4000 exp/min at 35, up to 9000 exp/min at level 60, still not maximum speed
Pro: Onwards from the lizards you can start gaining exp quite easy. Arurlirs are a really nice source of exp but not before level 50-60.
Con: Spiders are nasty if your stats are low. You have to wait to respawn the enmies.

Level 40 and higher

Charwood...
Gives around 6500 exp/min, at level 60 it gives me around 8000 exp /min
Pro: Plentiful monsters and only upper parts can be played once your to weak for the lower parts. Ointment of bleeding wounds drops a lot which is a nice source of income.
Downside: You have to wait 3 minutes once your done to reload the monsters

Level 50 and higher

The elm mine
Gives around 7000 exp/min, at level 65 up to 9000
Pro: Loads of monsters
Down; Waiting time of 3 mins when monsters are done, except when you fight your way upwards then sleep at prim.

The green maze
The area with the venomous snakes is quite nice as described here but the real thing is the cave at Lodar.
Up to 12000 exp /min at level 70
Pro: with a decent setup and only 5 bonemeal potions i make around 70k exp in just 6 minutes which is one way down.
Con: very hard to beat monsters if Bc/AC are to low. You have to wait if you are going towards the maze to respawn the monsters.

I highly recommend trying to find a good spot for your grind, equip yourself with a lot of potions and stai there for an hour or two. It will boost your levely quiet a bit and help to get to tougher areas like Sullengard forest.

Its all about clearspeed, monster density and monster availeability.

I hope that helps.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It depends on what you are grinding for, XP or gold. Upper levels of Charwood are very good for gold.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Somebody hasn't been to Sullengard yet
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Andihagi

Post by Andihagi »

Antison wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:53 pm Somebody hasn't been to Sullengard yet
Yes i have but i find the haunted cemetery and the sullengard area itself are slower up to my current level 74 character. Also it takes me a lot of potions to stay stable even at 210 bc
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Sullengard requires very high defense BC. Dual wield is a must. Avoid it completely until then. Even XP here isn't worth grinding for due to low value drops from monsters. There's honestly not much to gain from grinding once you complete main quest and cross L60. Better to start a new game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Dual-wielding is not a must in order to get there . I've got there with 19 different character build types. And not only did I get there, I've completed the content.
You don't need high BC, but helps. But so does high AC. You need balanced stats with moderately high AC and BC. You can go back and forth to the town and gain about 12k to 14k XP. It's a great place to gain experience
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Andihagi

Post by Andihagi »

I agree you can get lots of exp there.
But for exp/min Sullengard isnt the place to be in my opinion. Neither at level 50, nor 60.

The chance to get murdered by those swarming snakes is just to high and monsters are to tough for this purpose.