[S] Revise Quick Learner

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Revise Quick Learner

Post by PK17 »

Great point Xero. If you put your sp's exclusively in ql at a low level i feel it is more of a disadvantage even it was 10% boost. Think... you would be missing out on increased fortitude (which if you want it is imperative you get it asap), combat speed and bark skin (dr build). So I players who take the risk to get ql early would actually be rewarded more.

I have never used any points in ql, however I do plan to on my current build but not for a while.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

I agree with the revision, the way QL is now I would never invest into the skill, just like treasure hunter or failure mastery. If I run out of skills that I want, I just keep the free skill points until next release, hoping it will bring something cool.

Arguments like, it hurts the current players too much... please, such arguments are useless.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Morscode
android_version: 3.0

Post by Morscode »

I up with this QL idea suggested, pretty interesting and not a big deal to be implemented,
+1 to Quick Learner
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

IMHO (yes i am allowed to have one) ... at low levels the abilities that players can gain from using skill points in other fields greatly outweighs the gains from getting levels a lil bit quicker.

If my build has maxed out Bark Skin, Increased Fortitude, Evasion, etc it would be much stronger than one that used it's SPs on quicklearner right off the bat. Yes the player using quick learner might be XX levels ahead of the non quick learner build but the non quick learner build would have the advantage of having higher levels in evasion, more crits, bark skin, etc.

IMO quick learner is fine the way it is, giving players the ability to grow to huge levels quickly takes more of the challenge of the game away for players later in the game. It is great for players who have already gotten all the skills they desire.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I am putting all skillpoints into ql (except some in increased fortitude and combat speed) on my non-questing build..... it is pretty tough to play like that.

Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

PK17 wrote:I am putting all skillpoints into ql (except some in increased fortitude and combat speed) on my non-questing build..... it is pretty tough to play like that.
Just ensures that you have to grind longer in low level areas because your character is weak, I don't get the point...
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I like more of a challenge anyway. It is quite interesting to play like that, and when quests get their boost he will get a huge jump by completeing them then instead of now.

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Thystonius wrote:
PK17 wrote:I am putting all skillpoints into ql (except some in increased fortitude and combat speed) on my non-questing build..... it is pretty tough to play like that.
Just ensures that you have to grind longer in low level areas because your character is weak, I don't get the point...

I don't get your constant criticism of the game. I think we all understand your opinion at this point.

To PK's remark, you are right. The skills make the game much easier for our hero to compete.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:I like more of a challenge anyway. It is quite interesting to play like that, and when quests get their boost he will get a huge jump by completeing them then instead of now.
----> I agree 110%! Keeping the game challenging keeps me playing. <-----

Why else would i have a build that has beaten all the current content at the time at lvl1?

I also have a No-Skill-Points build (well it only uses I.F. and combat speed really)

Once I get to the point where i can one hit most of the NPCs in game (or the point they can't kill me easily) the desire to keep going on that build dwindles and i usually end up starting over again pretty quickly.

Using quick learner is really only useful to me when I'm already a very high level and want to gain more levels, but at high levels the game becomes boring and not challenging.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!