[S] Revise Quick Learner

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Revise Quick Learner

Post by Sarumar »

Xero wrote:Firenaq,
You should probably either recheck your math or actually find out what ql does.
Either way, I'm with suramar, ql needs buffed. The accelerating returns is nice and should make the skill more useful at higher levels instead of somewhat useless to absolutely useless at higher levels.
+1 suramar and you get a gold star
WoW :shock: a sticker.... many thanks my lord you are too kind
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

My highest level character is 43 and I never level up QL but still I find the idea of changing it good (from the reviews I read from players).
The best thing would be to make it exponential as when you're at higher levels you need more xp so a greater boost would be better.

Maybe each level you gain a n% xp modificator
n = sqrt([playerlvl] * y)
The y should be adjusted to the number that fits the best.
This way higher level players will gain a better xp modificator when they invest their SP and lower level players will get a 5% modificator (if y equal or higher than 5 (and rounded up to the superior)).
Everybody's happy :D?

ps: Sarumar, with this equation (where y = 5) when you'll reach lvl 200 it will give you a 32% xp increase which might be helpful to gain the million (I suppose) xp you need to lvl up.
This will negate the need of investing 20 (which means 80 lvls...) + points in QL to gain a little 200% xp boost.

Maybe it is too overpowered but still, I never played at higher levels than 43 so I don't know.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Meirerion wrote:My highest level character is 43 and I never level up QL but still I find the idea of changing it good (from the reviews I read from players).
The best thing would be to make it exponential as when you're at higher levels you need more xp so a greater boost would be better.

Maybe each level you gain a n% xp modificator
n = sqrt([playerlvl] * y)
The y should be adjusted to the number that fits the best.
This way higher level players will gain a better xp modificator when they invest their SP and lower level players will get a 5% modificator (if y equal or higher than 5 (and rounded up to the superior)).
Everybody's happy :D?

ps: Sarumar, with this equation (where y = 5) when you'll reach lvl 200 it will give you a 32% xp increase which might be helpful to gain the million (I suppose) xp you need to lvl up.
This will negate the need of investing 20 (which means 80 lvls...) + points in QL to gain a little 200% xp boost.

Maybe it is too overpowered but still, I never played at higher levels than 43 so I don't know.
not bad but owerpowered. IMO current system is fine.

ps. i need 5 M+ exp to lvl up ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

Sarumar wrote:
Meirerion wrote:ps: Sarumar, with this equation (where y = 5) when you'll reach lvl 200 it will give you a 32% xp increase which might be helpful to gain the million (I suppose) xp you need to lvl up.
ps. i need 5 M+ exp to lvl up ;)
Yeah, it gets up to over 1M per level at lvl 136.
Last edited by slayer on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

Yes. Ql most certainly is not over powered. It diminishes over time.
Mierion +1.
I like your idea
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

as i see it: Changing QL so that it adds a small % more every time you put a SP into brings up one very big concern.

It would be overpowered for low level players. Considering the amount of XP required to lvl is so low when still a low level, the added bonus to the XP gain to a low level player would mean that the player would be able to level waaaaaaay too fast (if they put SPs into quick learner right away)

A simple solution to this problem:
Add a level cap to QL as you add skill points to it.

LVL 01-15: 1SP
LVL 16-30: 2SP
etc...

Just a thought and a concern.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Pyrizzle wrote: It would be overpowered for low level players. Considering the amount of XP required to lvl is so low when still a low level, the added bonus to the XP gain to a low level player would mean that the player would be able to level waaaaaaay too fast (if they put SPs into quick learner right away)
This is why I suggested basing the XP boost on the level of the player ;).
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Meirerion wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote: It would be overpowered for low level players. Considering the amount of XP required to lvl is so low when still a low level, the added bonus to the XP gain to a low level player would mean that the player would be able to level waaaaaaay too fast (if they put SPs into quick learner right away)
This is why I suggested basing the XP boost on the level of the player ;).
That does solve my main concerns about this idea.

Having it either effected by what lvl you are or only being able to put so many SPs into it until a certain lvl seems like 2 viable options.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I like Meirerion's idea better since it would make QL better but not so much better that it's too good (I'd still get my other skills first at lower levels and not start on QL until after that).

I know I'm biased but I'd rather not see any kind of cap or limit to QL. If its not going to get better its fine as is.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

Meirerion has a good idea. It would balance it better and there is something else people seem to forget about ql. If you are spending points in ql, you aren't spending points in other skills. Ql at low levels would not be too overpowered because the players are handicapping themselves to invest in easier level ups....but not that much easier.