v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[S] New high level skill for 'useless' skills

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: New high level skill for 'useless' skills

Post by Mad P »

Allows you to dual-wield weapons with up to 7 ap-cost for the first level, and hold double-handed weapons in one hand at the second level.
:twisted: I like this for my DWARVEN built
skullcrusher AND gutsplitter :twisted:

I think the minimum level requirements are not necessary, because anyone with cleave lvl 2 must have spent 6 skill levels = lvl 24 minimum. Add 8 levels for the Barkskin requirements, makes level 32. At that level, you've likely invested already 1 skill level in Fortitude and 2 in Combat speed so changes are the first level of Giant Strength comes no earlier than level 44 -> that's way beyond the proposed level 25.

The requirements for the second level only add 3 hard hit, so you will get to that when you're level 56 - pretty much the same as the proposed level 50.
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

With the monster ai upgrades that are supposed to be coming in 0.7, cleave will be A LOT more popular, most likely, because if I remember right, the mobs not only seek you out, I think I saw something about them moving during battle as well... :twisted:
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

confirmed!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

phydeaux wrote:With the monster ai upgrades that are supposed to be coming in 0.7, cleave will be A LOT more popular, most likely, because if I remember right, the mobs not only seek you out, I think I saw something about them moving during battle as well... :twisted:
When V7.0 comes out I'd have to say cleave with be very very useful, until then I'm not a fan.

NPCs moving during combat adds a lot of difficulty to the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I'm already working on getting about 4 levels of Cleave :lol:

With Cleave (4) I'll get 12 AP back after every kill which means I can keep going and going and going and going and they can throw as many monsters as they want at me and I'll still roflstomp them all :twisted:
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:I'm already working on getting about 4 levels of Cleave :lol:

With Cleave (4) I'll get 12 AP back after every kill which means I can keep going and going and going and going and they can throw as many monsters as they want at me and I'll still roflstomp them all :twisted:

..yess... and then you will beat them all ... :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

Sarumar wrote:

:lol: A new hype is born - Cleave everyone!

When we got skills, it was Magic Finder all around - then a lot of people collected all legends and the hype changed to Crits.
Now Crits have been rebalanced and we're looking for a new "best" skill - in anticipation of coming releases.
And the winner is... Cleave!

(but I think we'd better wait and see what new skills 0.6.12 and 0.7.0 offer... ;) )
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mad P wrote:
Sarumar wrote:

:lol: A new hype is born - Cleave everyone!

When we got skills, it was Magic Finder all around - then a lot of people collected all legends and the hype changed to Crits.
Now Crits have been rebalanced and we're looking for a new "best" skill - in anticipation of coming releases.
And the winner is... Cleave!

(but I think we'd better wait and see what new skills 0.6.12 and 0.7.0 offer... ;) )
Threre can be only one .. :D
:lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

I thought of a new Trusted Friend skill, not just extra supplies but getting errands to run from one place to another:

Code: Select all

Trusted Friend (level 1) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 1, Treasure Hunter level 1
Shop merchants may sometimes give you an assignment to bring supplies to another shop
You will be rewarded with some experience and a special (not normally buyable) item

Trusted Friend (level 2) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 3, Treasure Hunter level 3
Shop merchants may sometimes give you an assignment to bring supplies to another (inaccessible) shop
You will be rewarded with a little more experience and a rare (not normally buyable) item
Would be fun, no? :mrgreen:

nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

sdevaney wrote:I think these types of skills that add more depth to things other than how much damage you can do are interesting. I think we should be trying to explore more of these types of skills.
a quote from the Cartography Thread, but it's still spot on!

not only is your suggestion a non combat skill,
but it would also make the world feel more dynamic...

nice post Mad P!!!
[gives me a few ideas!]

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]