v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[S] New high level skill for 'useless' skills

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: New high level skill for 'useless' skills

Post by nyktos »

Mad P wrote:One more:

Trusted Friend (level 1) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 1, Treasure Hunter level 1 and Magic Finder level 1
Shop merchants offer you one extra item (rare) for sale

Trusted Friend (level 2) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 3, Treasure Hunter level 3 and Magic Finder level 3
Shop merchants offer you one extra item (extraordinary) for sale

The extra items should be well balanced of course, maybe offering small effects normal items can't provide (like gloves with 10% resistance against blood disorders)
I really like this one!

:twisted:

great posts!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I'm not so sure about this one, IMO not worth it if you have to spend skill points in merchant. Unless you can buy legendary items, I don't think I'd ever go with this skill.
Hey guys, I'm back.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

just a passing thought, but...

If you side with Blackwater, you can't buy speed potions...
maybe someone in BWMS has some too - but only sells to chosen customers.
(so, not necessarily new items... but more accessibility)

If we end up getting skill points faster...
(because of harder mobs & more skills being released...
it will be easier to spend points on less desirable skills to unlock the more desirable ones.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

nyktos wrote:just a passing thought, but...

If you side with Blackwater, you can't buy speed potions...
maybe someone in BWMS has some too - but only sells to chosen customers.
(so, not necessarily new items... but more accessibility)

If we end up getting skill points faster...
(because of harder mobs & more skills being released...
it will be easier to spend points on less desirable skills to unlock the more desirable ones.

Even if I did get extra skill points to spend on less desirable skills to unlock better skills , I'd still go for the most easily available desirable ones honestly if I could help it most likely.

Which gives me a pretty good idea.

What skills were separated into categories and make it so if you do earn a skill point through a quest or something of the like, it would be specific to that category. So for example, there could be universal skill points, then a gold related category, fighting category, specials category, and defensive category; something like that.

On another note, thats my predicament with making a new character usually. Speed potions or SoSR\minor berserker rage pots? :?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Interesting concept but i would never use it. Skill points are too valuable to waste on things like merchant.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

OK, lets tweak it a little bit:

Trusted Friend (level 1) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 1, Treasure Hunter level 1
Shop merchants offer you one random extra item for sale:
80% chance ordinary item
19,9% chance rare item
0,09% chance extraordinary item
0,01% chance legendary item

Trusted Friend (level 2) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 3, Treasure Hunter level 3
Shop merchants offer you one random extra item for sale:
60% chance ordinary item
39% chance rare item
0,9% chance extraordinary item
0,1% chance legendary item

(Items are added to a shop merchant's collection when the skill is chosen, and reset only once when levelling up to skill level 2 - this should prevent aggresive reloading)

Maybe that will make Merchant and Treasure Hunter more useful?
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Whoah, that's WAY overpowered. Consider it this way: All the character has to do is to visit a merchant 10000 times to get a ROLS? Hardly challenging grind. I've got plenty of builds with far too much gold to deal with. Besides, legendary items are unsellable, if I remember correctly.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Whoah, that's WAY overpowered. Consider it this way: All the character has to do is to visit a merchant 10000 times to get a ROLS? Hardly challenging grind. I've got plenty of builds with far too much gold to deal with. Besides, legendary items are unsellable, if I remember correctly.
+1, doesn't matter how you guys tweak it, there is no way to make this into a skill i would actually use (on any build) Sorry if i come across as a Negative Nancy.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Whoah, that's WAY overpowered. Consider it this way: All the character has to do is to visit a merchant 10000 times to get a ROLS? Hardly challenging grind. I've got plenty of builds with far too much gold to deal with. Besides, legendary items are unsellable, if I remember correctly.
You may have missed this part in my post:
Items are added to a shop merchant's collection when the skill is chosen, and reset only once when levelling up to skill level 2 - this should prevent aggresive reloading

If you visit a merchant 10000 times, you will see the same item 10000 times.

But - I know when to give up on an idea: selling extraordiaries and legends is probably vulnerable to cheats and certainly devaluates all our hard grinding efforts

However, if we pick the right kind of items (not more powerful, but providing effects you can't get from other items - like helmets/gloves with resistances, or a sword that gives bonus AC, AD and critical hit skill when fighting undead, potions against irdegh poison) I still think this high-level skill will be chosen by people: just to have some more tactical options for fighting different mobs.

Code: Select all

Trusted Friend (level 1) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 1, Treasure Hunter level 1 and Magic Finder level 1
Shop merchants offer you one extra item (special) for sale

Trusted Friend (level 2) - high level skill requiring Merchant level 3, Treasure Hunter level 3 and Magic Finder level 3
Shop merchants offer you one extra item (rare) for sale
Note: Shop inventory does not reset.
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I've got another idea for a high level skill. I had always thought that it should be possible to dual-wield heavy weapons, provided you had the strength to do so. I think I have suggested the skill in more than one place on the forums already...
Strength of the Giants
Allows you to dual-wield weapons with up to 7 ap-cost for the first level, and hold double-handed weapons in one hand at the second level.
Prerequistes for lv 1:
Cleave: 2 (Yes, I know some people think it's useful, but I'm certain there's a lot of people out there who don't bother with it)
Bark skin: 2 (Got to be tough enough to be strong enough, right?)
lv 25
Prerequistes for lv 2:
Cleave: 2
Bark skin: 2
Hard hit: 5 (probably the most useless combat skill ever)
level: 50
I think I've tweaked it a bit, it's not as overpowered as before.

p.s. Like the new trusted friend idea. +1
Hey guys, I'm back.