v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Use of "other" items

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Konizooka
android_version: 4.0

Use of "other" items

Post by Konizooka »

We collect so many small rocks, different kinds of gems, and a whole lot of "other" items which actually have no precise use other than selling for gold. Why can't there be some sort of use of these items?

Like Small rocks when used for 5 AP, can add +1 AD for one hit. Or some monster can be lured with the different gems (eg. If you use one polished gem for 5 AP, X monster will miss out one of his hits). Or maybe like you can sell Izthiel claws to that guy east of Loneford, you can sell the Giant Wasp wings only to the woodcutters for 2-5 Gold?
When everyone is against you, there's always the Shadow standing with you.Image
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Use of "other" items

Post by Mino »

You can always suggest your ideas in the "Ideas and future development" thread.

I actually had a suggestion for using the rocks as a weapon:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1926
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

Thanx for the thread info, I was confused about it, but still had this idea, so I wrote about it here. I will post this again in the I & FD thread :D
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Next time just report your first topic by clicking the ! button and request it be moved instead of creating a new topic that we then have to delete.

Interesting ideas Konizooka and Mino. We have been looking at using empty vials + ingredients for different potions and such.
Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

sdevaney wrote:Interesting ideas Konizooka and Mino. We have been looking at using empty vials + ingredients for different potions and such.
Does that mean we can mix two or more potions in the empty vials? Like if BP gives 40 Health, and minor healing potion gives 5 health, then mixing those two in empty vials could give 45 health in one go. The downside would be that we would have to spend more gold buying bonemeal, healing potions and vials. Unless we get them while grinding.
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

Konizooka wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Interesting ideas Konizooka and Mino. We have been looking at using empty vials + ingredients for different potions and such.
Does that mean we can mix two or more potions in the empty vials? Like if BP gives 40 Health, and minor healing potion gives 5 health, then mixing those two in empty vials could give 45 health in one go. The downside would be that we would have to spend more gold buying bonemeal, healing potions and vials. Unless we get them while grinding.
I'm not sure what they have in store for us as far as mixing potions, but I am looking forward to this addition to the game... I have thousands of empty bottles, viles, potions, and other such items in my hideout just waiting for such an update ... some may disagree, but I strongly feel it should cost gold every time you wish to create said potions as well... My main reason is after you get so big, and have everything you need, you end up with a huge amount of gold, with no significant purpose ( and items too )

I also like the idea of using rocks to add to your AD ,although I tend to want to keep my rocks to keep tabs on my ROLS hunt...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Konizooka wrote:Like Small rocks when used for 5 AP, can add +1 AD for one hit.
I have nearly 4,000 small rocks spread out on the fields of Loneford... LOL

Would have to put a limit on how many you could use at once. lol otherwise it would be broken.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

Pyrizzle wrote:I have nearly 4,000 small rocks spread out on the fields of Loneford... LOL

Would have to put a limit on how many you could use at once. lol otherwise it would be broken.
LOL, Are u trying to trip villagers or something? :lol:

Yea, like I said, the use of rock should cost 5 AP per hit. So you can use just 1 rock if you want to take a hit. In my case, since I have 12 max AP & 3 movement AP, I can make one use of rock (which will add +1 AD to the next hit) and two single hits.

Quite a tongue twister :mrgreen:
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I still like to see some ranged weapon like sling...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

But if there is a sling, then long-distance hits have to be made possible. I think that'll require a lot of changes?