High Level Challenge

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

High Level Challenge

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I've been reading the forums a lot, and I noticed that there are some people with REALLY high level builds out there. Some of them actually cap themselves at certain levels or at skills like Increased Fortitude so they won't go overpowered. While I don't get this kind of problem, (Most of my builds don't make it past lv 20 before I get bored with them), this could make the game a little bit boring for high lvls.

Some players suggested leveling up the monsters along with the player, but that would make the game a lot harder and wasn't really a very popular idea. After reading the endgame thread, I got an idea about that.

Won't it be fun to have a monster with the exact same stats as yourself? As a boss monster in one of the uber- high level dungeons. OR maybe at the very end of the game, Andor, your brother who looks exactly like yourself has the exact same stats as you. But if it has to be a monster, we could make it have the exact stats as yourself, like:

Monster
Name: Shapeshifter
HP: ? (Whatever HP you have)
AC: ? (Whatever AC you have)
AD: ? (Whatever AD you have)
BC: ? (Whatever BC you have)
CC: ? (Whatever CC you have)
etc.

So what do you think about this? A boss monster with the stats that you have?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: High Level Challenge

Post by Mino »

I like how you think, I had made some similar suggestions before too, like copying all equipped stats, or skills.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1386
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Mino wrote:I like how you think, I had made some similar suggestions before too, like copying all equipped stats, or skills.

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1386

Great post on that thread Mino, and equally good ideas from both of you. Bosses do need to get harder\more elaborate and there does need to be stronger enemies. I love the shapeshifter-like ideas you guys both brought up, since it doesn't add random overpowered\overleveled monsters just for players who have gotten that far to grind on, but it scales it according to your level.

What about a dungeon that scaled to your level and a little bit upwards?
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

nether wrote:What about a dungeon that scaled to your level and a little bit upwards?
+1 to the "a little bit upwards"

RPGs are supposed to be somewhat difficult...
and roguelike? ...even more so!!!

:twisted:

BRING THE PAIN!

I hate beating great games without dying,
instantly downgrades them to just being "good"

(at least in my book)

anyone remember when Link fought his shadow? OUCH!

I died MANY times & was thrilled when he finally fell!

:twisted:

edit: makes me wanna write a quest with a magic mirror or something... EPIC?

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Nice threat with evil ideas, I like it :twisted:

Yes... I remember Links shadow .. pain but nice pain :twisted:

I definedly want harder bosses, but Imo mirror stats do not work well in this system. How about:
Monster
Name: Shapeshifter
HP: ? (Whatever HP you have * 10)
AC: ? (Whatever AC you have * 0,75)
AD: ? (Whatever AD you have * 0,75)
BC: ? (Whatever BC you have * 0,75)
CC: ? (Whatever CC you have *0,5)
One attack less than you, but have 50 % chance to use bonemeal in every round.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Will the Shapeshifter run out of bonemeal, though? And will he be using your supply of bonemeal, or simply heal himself for 40 hp every other round?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I'm not trying to sound like a party pooper here, but one of the ideas listed as rejected is auto-levelling enemies. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea about dopplegangers for enemies, but leading from those - what if your stats are higher than a main storyline enemy...

Dopplegangers would possibly have much higher stats than main enemies, which in turn negates the rejection of adding more auto-levelling stuff in order to just make more "gaming sense": No NPC should be more difficult to beat than the main storyline characters.

While I am not clear on exactly why auto-levelling is fully rejected, for something like this to work for a more-true-to-gaming-sense, then it would need to be implemented at some point. Regardless, neat idea though :)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Dopplegangers would be an amazing add to the game and be really challenging to defeat. Great Idea!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Pyrizzle wrote:Dopplegangers would be an amazing add to the game and be really challenging to defeat. Great Idea!
Absolutely, and I agree totally with Nyktos. Hard challenges are what makes me pick up a game. Although I can play AT while doing work or eating, just grind the rooms clear every 4 mins...
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

There is another thread that i cannot find at this time that has a discussion that goes farther into detail that the one linked above.

Either way i am a big fan of this idea.

Taledus: A lot of games have mini bosses that are not important to the main storyline which can be more difficult than the main baddy... (One Example: Sephiroth in the Kingdom Hearts Games)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!