Those cursed crosses

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Those cursed crosses

Post by PK17 »

Let me start by saying everywhere I go in AT I stop to read every cross, tombstone, and every shred of paper on the ground. The lore adds to the game and makes it so much greater.

However, once I have read the tombstone/paper a thousand times it just frustrates me. I have been grinding the inghan caves for levels and the ChaR. The room with the chaos beasts has a graveyard at the south end of the map with a bunch of tombstones. Navigating through the graves without getting stuck up on them is a tough challenge.

Maybe we could add a personalized feature (similar to the loot display option) that would allow you to turn tombstones, graves, and paper lore off.

Now I realize that (without giving more spoilers) some lore is necessary for quests, so the player would have to be smart enough to turn it back on when they enter new maps.

Realistically, I can walk through a graveyard and not read a single tombstone. I could walk right on top of them (disrespectful) and not read them. So it only makes sense this feature should be added.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Those cursed crosses

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I found this a little annoying at first but can easily navigate around the graves now.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

I had the same idea while grinding in the wyrm trainer cave and
stumbled again and again over that kazaul ritual papers and
had to click away the messages concerning a long solved quest.
A show-only-once-option would have been nice to have.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I agree :twisted: ... seeing those pop ups over and over again... :(

There are too some other thing like; some monsters (Flagstone, etc) and quest based thind (remains inside bug cave), etc
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I like the show-only-once idea mayweed had. Maybe it could be could be set up so that quest related pop-ups are immune to the effect if the related quest is currently active.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Maybe just receiving this kind of pop-ups two times when staying on a map. Once you've exited the map the countdown is reseted.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Maybe I am the only one, but it doesn't really bother me. I know where each of the popups are and I usually just go around them. If I do get caught by one it pauses everything else so it doesn't affect me as much.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:I like the show-only-once idea mayweed had. Maybe it could be could be set up so that quest related pop-ups are immune to the effect if the related quest is currently active.
I also like the Read only once idea and maybe make just the quest related ones repeatable (until they are not useful anymore or the quest is finished)

Great suggestion! I get annoyed with the popups while grinding in Iqhan Caves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Fire7051 wrote:Maybe I am the only one, but it doesn't really bother me. I know where each of the popups are and I usually just go around them. If I do get caught by one it pauses everything else so it doesn't affect me as much.

+1
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

Meirerion wrote:Maybe just receiving this kind of pop-ups two times when staying on a map. Once you've exited the map the countdown is reseted.
Or have the popups reset on the same 3 minute timer that the monster respawn uses?
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5