New skill idea. "Stone skin". Need help.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

New skill idea. "Stone skin". Need help.

Post by PK17 »

Stone skin:
Requirements:
-at least 100% block chance (w/o equipment)
-Level 100 (125,150,200?)
-5 points in "bark skin"
-Cost ? Skill Points each level
Effect:
No matter what the situation is. Only attacks that come while the player is below X(Y,Z)% hp can kill the player.
If the player is over X(Y,Z)% hp and a killing attack is rolled, the player's hp is then lowered to 1.

First level: X% is implemented where X=X

Second level: Y% is implemented where Y= X+X

Third level: Z% is implemented where Z=X+Y (or Z=Y+Y)

Maybe it could be called "final breathe", "last call", "second chance" or something else.

Also an additional requirement could be points is failure mastery.

I think this would be an effective higher level skill. It could be set up like it is above or it could be a single skill given as a reward or gift from npc/quest.

It would also be a favorite among those going for an "ironman build"

I was thinking the first and second level could apply a negative actor condition when the "lifesaving" effect occurs. Either something like "sore throat": no potions or healing items can be used for X amount of rounds. Or, "stone feet": flee/move is ineffective for X amount of rounds. Also maybe an actor condition that makes the "lifesaving" effect inactive for X rounds.

Also, I was thinking maybe the "lifesaving" effect could be negated by critical hits.

I know what you are thinking, I thought of it too. This could be easily abused when fighting enemies with one attack per turn, or enemies you have "fatigued " to have only one attack per turn. Well, honestly I am struggling with solving that. I doubt it could be made so the game could sense when the enemy has only one attack per round to negate the "lifesaving", but then again I don't know. If anyone can think of a way get that "issue" solved I would very much like to know.

Thanks for reading. <=P.K.=>
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: New skill idea. "Stone skin". Need help.

Post by nyktos »

this is similar to a skill i suggested in the past,
so i'm gonna jump at it!

:lol:

i wanted the skill to grant a small chance of survival when a player was killed...
something like: the player has a 5~10% chance to survive an attack that would have slain them.

[the % dice roll when you take lethal damage]

if you succeed, you stay alive with 1HP & it's your turn!

- - - last call - - -

it's getting late [here] & i wanna get into this more,
but i will have to come back to share at a greater extent later...

nice post!

8-)

+1!

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

I remember Last Stand. http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... tand#p8759

I thought it was a great idea I did agree that it was most likely overpowered but still a great idea.

PK as far as the Stone Skin is concerned: I like the idea the problem that I see is that you have set up the skill in the anticipation of running it in Ironman games. Getting to level 100 in an Ironman fashion would make you godlike as it is and therefore this skill would be almost a waste of skills (at least with the enemies in the current v6.12) If the skill could be lessened where you could pick it up around lvl 25 or so, that would make the grind and the Ironman game achievable. I just don't see anyone making it to 100 without dying once unless they never take any risks in the game and just constantly grind lower level enemies.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I did not necessarily set it up for ironman builds. And I would like it to be at a lower level, but not overpowered. So idk were it would fit in. I got tired of looking away while playing and having some creature hit a lucky shot on me. Thats one way to blow 75k xp (so lucky I save constantly)

And yeah, Im not that high of a level and I dont think it would be all that handy 90(now), but that will hopefully change with 7.0

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I love this idea! This would be a great skill and would give players a reason to put 5 SPs into Bark Skin (and allow it to be useful later on, because after awhile 5 DR is very low compared to the AD of some NPCs)

Great suggestion!

If the NPC would kill you on its first attack out of 3 attacks total would it still get to attempt to hit you with swing 2 and 3?

hp: 25

NPC attack #1: Damage dealt = 30 (Hp -5)
Chance Rolled for Save: Successful (HP @ 1)
NPC Attack #2: ?
NPC Attack #3: ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Interesting skill, but I'd like to suggest some changes to the requirement, or in some cases agree with what Fire already said.

- Remove the level 100 requirement. If you have IF from level 5, chances are by the time you get to 100, you won't need this skill, it would be more helpful to lower level players.

- All the prerequisite skills for current skills are for each level. Since Bark Skin has a 5 level max, you wouldn't be able to get to level 2 or 3 of Stone Skin as it is. So maybe make it 1 level each of Bark Skin, and 1 level of Failure Mastery.

- The 100% block chance is a bit high too because at that point you're not going to get hit that often. Since Bark Skin already requires a 15% BC, I think just having to get a level of Bark Skin should be enough.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
deximeat

Post by deximeat »

Nice suggested new skill sir, This stone skill is kinda interesting if implemented sooner :),
+1 to this idea!
About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the ends.
Herbert Hoover boot knives
PK17

Post by PK17 »

After re-reading my original post to refresh myself on the idea I stumbled upon the "sore throat" and "stone feet" actor conditions. I really like them, and would love to see them be implemented separated from this skill.

Imagine if a boss could inflict "sore throat"... it would be one heck of a challenge.

Also, the "stone feet" idea would work great with the new "mobile" enemies. They would be able to come at you and you couldn't run. If someone adds some "plant-type" monsters this would fit the bill. We could call the condition "vine wrap" or "rooted". Maybe it could have a chance of forcing you toward your enemies if you try to run away.